How can I disable Windows Update? It's like a virus!

Михаил Рожко 0 Баллы репутации
2026-02-25T04:23:18.5033333+00:00

Hello!

I've already contacted support, but unfortunately, they're ignoring the issue, and I've lost important data twice because the update runs automatically, without my consent, violating my personal rights.

Situation:

When updating, I can choose a time to reschedule the update, but I've seen this feature reset before my eyes—I'd select "in a week," and it reset to "tomorrow." Apparently, the same thing happened last time. I rolled back the update, since I should be able to choose a convenient time for myself, but it apparently crashed again, and I lost all unsaved data (open pages on websites where the page state can't be saved).

I reported this to the Windows 11 support center, but unfortunately, there's been no response for months (and this issue isn't unique to this one). That's why I've lost my data again.

Is there a way to completely disable the update? I understand this is a big step, but I simply have no other choice. If there was an option to choose when to update, that would be ideal. But in a pinch, I'm ready to completely delete this service; in its current form, it unfortunately behaves like a virus!

Thank you very much!

Windows для дома | Windows 11 | Центр обновления Windows
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.