Sleep mode doesn't work when the slideshow is enabled on the lock screen.

Niytonana Shana 0 Баллы репутации
2026-02-10T18:17:44.56+00:00

Why aren't my screen and sleep settings applied when playing a slideshow on the lock screen? Is there a way to fix this? I want the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of the slideshow playing when my PC is locked, and then go to sleep after 30 minutes, but this isn't happening.

Why don't Windows 11 settings allow me to configure this?

Windows для дома | Windows 11 | Рабочий стол, меню "Пуск" и персонализация | Заставка
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Jess-Q 12,795 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2026-02-11T14:21:40.63+00:00

    I noticed that you’re using English in your post, although this is a Russian forum so I’ll continue in English, so my answer is as clear and helpful as possible. If you’d prefer me to switch to Russian, just let me know and I’ll gladly do so.

    Hi @Niytonana Shana

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum 

    I tested this on my side as well, and I’m encountering the same result. When the lock screen is set to Slideshow, Windows treats it as a built‑in lock screen feature with its own timing control. That built‑in setting only offers a few fixed choices (like 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 3 hours) and doesn’t allow a custom value such as 10 minutes.  Because of that, the lock screen slideshow may not follow the exact Screen/Sleep timing you want. 

    I can see how this is frustrating, especially since your preferred timing (screen off after 10 minutes, sleep after 30 minutes) is reasonable. Unfortunately, with the lock screen slideshow enabled, Windows doesn’t currently provide a way to customize that timing beyond the preset options. 

    As Microsoft user I highly suggest submitting feedback through the Feedback Hub app in Windows (built into Windows):  

    • Press Windows key + F or search for Feedback Hub in the Start menu.    
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.    
    • Click Suggest a feature     

    For more details, please refer to:  Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app

    Feedback from users helps highlight how features are used in real‑world scenarios and can influence future improvements. You can also find similar feature requests and upvoting them as well.

     As forum moderators, we are not directly involved in product design decisions and do not have access to the development roadmap. However, we want to assure you that your feedback has been acknowledged and is truly valued.     

    Thank you again for taking the time to provide constructive feedback. It’s valuable in helping improve the overall Windows experience.   


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.