Outlook changed my email address to outlook_******@outlook.com

Andrey Lyubimov 0 Баллы репутации
2025-12-23T04:14:50.4166667+00:00

I login successfully in browser to the MS account at https://account.microsoft.com/ there I can see my original email address: **@5axismaker.com. However when I open the outlook from the account, I get to the changed outlook account as in the subject:[Moderator Note: Personal Info Removed]

at outlook.com

I don't see the mails from my original account nor I can send mails from/to the ******@outlook.com

Also I tried another computer, brower and outlook app on Windows, but nothing helps.

How do I get the outlook back to my original account with all the mail history?

Thanks

Outlook | MacOS | Новое приложение Outlook для Mac | Для дома
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Chloe-L 13,695 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2025-12-23T19:44:43.1266667+00:00

    Disclaimer: We noticed that you posted your question in the Russian region in English. For your convenience, my response will be in English, but if you would prefer to use Russian, please let me know. Thank you for your understanding.

    Hello Andrey Lyubimov,

    Thank you for posting to Microsoft Q&A. I understand how concerning it is to log in and see a strange outlook_[long_string]@outlook.com address instead of your actual mailbox, especially when you need to access your email history.

    Based on your description, this is actually a known behavior that occurs when the primary alias of a Microsoft account is a custom domain (non-Microsoft address, like your @5axismaker.com email). For technical reasons related to how Outlook handles authentication, if a third-party email address is set as the primary sign-in alias, Outlook.com cannot fully identify the account type. As a result, it defaults to displaying a temporary, system-generated placeholder address (the outlook_[numbers]@outlook.com you are seeing) instead of your actual mailbox content.

    The most effective and recommended solution is to add a new @outlook.com alias to your account and set it as the primary sign-in alias. This will instantly allow Outlook to display your full original mailbox with all your emails, while your custom domain email continues to work perfectly for sending and receiving.

    Here are the steps to do this:

    1. Go to your Alias settings: Navigate to https://account.live.com/names/Manage and sign in.
    2. Add a new email: Click on Add email. Create a new Outlook.com email address to use as an alias (e.g., ******@outlook.com).
    3. Make it Primary: Once added, look for the "Make primary" link next to this new @outlook.com address and click it.
    4. Refresh/Re-login: Sign out of Outlook and sign back in using your new @outlook.com address.

    If you run into any issues while following these steps or the problem persists afterward, please reply with the details (including any error messages), and I'll be happy to guide you further.

    Thank you for your patience, and I’m here to help get this sorted for you.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.