Can you cancel and remove the Microsoft 365 Education subscription associated with my school-managed email address, as I cannot access or manage it and it causes an account conflict?”

Анонимные
2025-12-18T14:16:56.69+00:00

Hello,

I would like to ask for help regarding a Microsoft 365 Education subscription issue.

I registered for Microsoft 365 Education using my school email address

([Moderator note: personal info removed]), and I received confirmation that the subscription

was activated.

Later, I found out that this email address is a school-managed (work or school) account,

and Microsoft 365 licenses must be assigned by the educational institution’s administrator.

At the moment, my school account does not have an assigned Microsoft 365 license.

As a result:

  • I cannot use Microsoft Word offline (desktop version),
  • I cannot manage or cancel the subscription myself,
  • and my account is in a conflict state.

I understand now that Microsoft 365 Education subscriptions should not be managed

by individual users when using a school-managed email address.

I kindly ask you to cancel or remove the Microsoft 365 Education subscription

associated with my email address, in order to resolve this conflict.

Email address used:

[Moderator note: personal info removed]

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Best regards,

[Moderator note: personal info removed]

Microsoft 365 и Office | Подписка, учетная запись, выставление счетов | Для образовательных учреждений | Windows
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Анонимные
    2025-12-18T15:59:31.4766667+00:00

    As your issue description is primarily written in English, I will provide my response in English for your convenience. Please feel free to let me know if you would prefer the information in another language.

    Hi @Anastasiia Mizera,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.   

    Thank you for reaching out and sharing the details of your situation. I understand how difficult it can be to experience account conflicts and limited access to Microsoft 365 services. Based on what you’ve described, the subscription linked to your school-managed email address is controlled by your institution’s administrator, which means individual users cannot cancel or manage it directly.

    Here are suggestion steps you can try:

    1. Contact your institution’s IT administrator

    Your institution’s IT team is the only party that can make changes to accounts under their domain. When you contact them, explain that:

    • Your account is in a conflict state because you registered for Microsoft 365 Education individually.
    • You need assistance to:
      • Remove any conflicting licenses that were created during your self-registration.
      • Assign the correct Microsoft 365 license if you require access to desktop apps like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
    1. Remove the school account from your personal devices

    If the conflict affects your personal Microsoft account (for example, signing into Word or OneDrive), you can:

    • On Windows, go to Settings > Accounts > Access work or school, select the school account, and click Disconnect.
    • In Office apps, sign out of the school account and sign in with your personal Microsoft account instead.

    This ensures your personal account remains the primary one for your own devices.

    1. Use separate browsers for different accounts

    To prevent account conflicts, it’s best to keep your school account and personal Microsoft account completely separate during sign-in sessions. One effective way to do this is by using two different browsers:

    • For example, use Microsoft Edge for your school account and Google Chrome (or another browser) for your personal account.
    • This ensures that each browser maintains its own cookies and session data, reducing the risk of sign-in conflicts when accessing services like OneDrive, Outlook, or Office apps online.

    As community moderators, we appreciate your understanding that our access to internal development details is limited. Our primary role is to guide users toward the appropriate resources and support channels. While we may not have visibility into deeper backend analysis, we’ll continue doing our best to support you within the scope of our responsibilities.  

    I hope this information is helpful. Please follow these steps and let me know if it works for you. If not, we can work together to resolve this.     

    Thank you for your patience and your understanding. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.  

    I look forward to your thoughts on this. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Этот ответ помог вам?


Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.