Microsoft account compromised in 2023 — recovery form keeps getting rejected despite correct credentials

KaRTTonIKoT 0 Баллы репутации
2025-12-16T17:54:39.9266667+00:00

Hello,

I am writing regarding my Microsoft account that was compromised in January 2023.

On January 30, 2023, I received official security emails from Microsoft about suspicious sign-in attempts and changes to my account security information. Unfortunately, I did not notice these messages in time. Shortly after that, all security details on my account were changed without my permission (password, recovery email, phone number).

I am the original owner of this account and I can confirm the following facts:

I know the exact previous password that was used on the account

I know the exact Xbox Gamertag linked to the account

I know the exact Minecraft Java Edition username

Minecraft Java Edition was purchased directly on this Microsoft account in 2022

The account was used on Windows PC and Xbox services

The account was created and used from the same country and region consistently

I have submitted the official Microsoft account recovery form multiple times and provided all the information I know. However, the requests are automatically rejected due to “insufficient information”. At this point, I have reached the submission limit.

I understand Microsoft’s strict security policy, but I would like to ask if this case can be manually reviewed or escalated, as I am able to verify ownership through historical credentials and linked services.

I am not asking to bypass security procedures — only for a human review of this compromised account case.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Kind regards.

Outlook | Интернет | Outlook.com | Сообщение электронной почты
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Анонимные
    2025-12-17T05:24:02.4266667+00:00

    Hello KaRTTonIKoT

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A Forum and for sharing your situation. I’m really sorry you’ve had to go through this for such a long time, and I can understand how frustrating and exhausting it is.

    Please kindly note that this is a public community forum, and no one here has access to account systems or the ability to bypass Microsoft’s verification and recovery processes for personal Microsoft accounts.

    Since you mentioned the account recovery form (ACSR) has already been submitted multiple times and has reached its limit, at this point, you need to contact Microsoft Support directly via live chat for further assistance. Please follow the below steps to reach them:

    • Go to Contact - Microsoft Support
    • Search for "Account Recovery" in the search box.
    • Click "Get Help" and press Enter, then scroll to the bottom and select "Contact Support”. User's image
    • When prompted to select Products & Services, select "Other Products"; Under Categories, select "Manage account security". User's image
    • Look for and select "Chat with a support agent in your web browser" (during business hours) or a similar callback option (if available). Explain your situation clearly. User's image
    • Persistence: It can sometimes take multiple attempts to reach a helpful agent or to get your case escalated. Some agents may still direct you back to the form, please let them know you’ve exhausted that option and request further assistance.     
    • Please note that The Chat support team only works at certain times, so if the last window says you are not available, try to open it again the next day. If you prefer phone support, you can leave a phone number. That way, they can contact you back and help you further.

    You can also contact Xbox via Xbox Support

    For more details, you can see this guide: How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

    I knowthis situation is upsetting but I truly hope this helps move things forward. Thank you for your patience and cooperation!


    I see this thread is under the Russia locale, but your message is written in English. If you’d prefer the instructions in another language, just let me know. I’ll be happy to help accordingly.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.