I have access to my main Mali email, but I don't receive SMS messages and can't restore my account.

Доронина Татьяна 0 Баллы репутации
2025-12-07T16:32:30.4333333+00:00

Hello, I've been using my Microsoft account for quite some time. I last changed my password in 2022 and forgot it. I bought a new laptop and wanted to transfer my account to it, but I've completely forgotten the password, and my account has been blocked due to my unsuccessful login attempts. I have access to the email address it was registered with, but I'm not allowed to choose to have the password sent to it. I also still have a phone number for it, but I'm not receiving SMS messages. How can I recover the account? I've tried all the methods you have, but is it possible to enter the code from the email instead of the SMS? I need help recovering the account. When I try to recover it, I'm told that the SMS verification method is currently invalid.

Microsoft Edge | Профиль, синхронизация и вход | Windows 11
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Darhyl Amizola 50,070 Баллы репутации Независимый помощник
    2025-12-07T17:14:00.72+00:00

    Hey there! Nice to meet you!

    The error message you received when resetting your password through SMS indicates that your account is temporarily blocked due to the system detecting multiple failed sign-in attempts or an unusual login pattern.

    Kindly perform these steps to receive the verification codes via SMS for a password reset:

    1. Perform a password reset using your recovery phone number via InPrivate window or Incognito. Also, try using different devices and network services.
    2. Wait exactly 48 hours to perform another password reset.

    Important: Ensure not to attempt to sign in or reset the password within that timeframe (48 hours), as this may reset the lock cooldown.

    You may check this link regarding account blocks for reference: https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/troubleshooting-verification-code-issues-409090c4-92b5-42b9-8ae6-bcc97e62fc48#:~:text=If%20you%20received%20a%20Microsoft%20verification%20code%20that%20you%20did#:~:text=If%20you%20received%20a%20Microsoft%20verification%20code%20that%20you%20did

    Thank you for your understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.