Microsoft account compromised, and recovery is very difficult.

Exellent 20 Баллы репутации
2025-11-25T19:27:00.8066667+00:00

On November 23 at 1:29 AM (GMT+2), my account was hacked

The hack happened because of my stupidity and naivety when I was asked to enter a two-digit number from Authenticator to supposedly confirm that I had a gaming account. I found it hard to believe them, but seeing that the bot in Discord was verified, I thought maybe it was okay. In general, I am to blame for this, I know, but it's hard to warn myself against something I've never seen before

After I clicked on the numbers, I immediately received a message in my gmail inbox about a changed password on my Microsoft account. Two minutes later, I no longer had access to my account. All security measures on the account had been removed and replaced with those set by the hacker (bot). And by “all” security measures, I mean EVERYTHING: codes, passwords, backup emails, absolutely everything possible. The username was also changed (for example, it was “####@gmail.com” and became “####@outlook.com”)

I submitted two applications on the site “https://account.live.com/acsr” and received one message. The message read: “Unfortunately, we were unable to confirm that you are the owner of the specified account using the information provided. (there is text here, but it is not very useful) As an additional measure, we have blocked your account until we can confirm that you are the owner.” Fortunately, according to the letter, the attacker cannot use this account, so he will not be able to sell it anywhere, so I am partly glad about this letter, because more than 48 hours have passed since my first application, and I have not received any response

I have the following evidence of my valid ownership of this account:

  1. The fact that my IP address has remained virtually unchanged for the past three years.
  2. My Gmail account contains seven emails regarding code activation (customization for Minecraft account: capes, hats, etc.).
  3. The original email from Mojang confirming the purchase of Minecraft, including the order number, transaction ID, time of purchase, price, and country (as well as a message confirming the withdrawal of funds from my bank card at the time of purchase)
  4. I still have the option to log into Authenticator on my phone and see my account, but unfortunately, I can't do anything with it. I just see that a one-time password is updated every half minute. When I click on the “Update login or verification method” button, I am prompted to log into my account, and there is an email address that the attacker changed to.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to contact the actual person who deals with account recovery.

Let me put it this way: if anyone who isn't even involved in this sees this suspicious activity, they will immediately understand that the account has been compromised. Therefore, the mail I received was most likely sent by a bot, and my request was not even reviewed by a real person.


Move from <Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and sign-in>

Microsoft 365 и Office | Прочее
Microsoft 365 и Office | Прочее

Другие темы, которые не попадают под определенные категории.

Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ответ, принятый автором вопроса
Xavier-D 13,840 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
2025-11-27T00:48:52.7266667+00:00

Hello Exellent,

Thank you for reaching out Microsoft Q&A forum

Here is how you contact Microsoft Support chat for further assistance about your account recovery. 

  1. Open a website link - Contact - Microsoft Support 
  2. In the box below "We're here to help", type Microsoft 365, click "Get Help", and then click "Contact Support" below. 
  3. In this section, you will need to sign in to your Microsoft account. 
  4. Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" under Products & Services, select "Billing and Account Profile questions" as the category, and click to confirm 
  5. You can select " Chat with a support agent in your web browser " to access the chat window.

Этот ответ помог вам?

Один пользователь счел этот ответ полезным.
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Дополнительные ответы: 0

Сортировать по: Самые старые

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.