Surface Book 2 base not recognized after battery replacement

Eugene Obraz 0 Баллы репутации
2025-11-11T19:59:31.1766667+00:00

Hello everyone,

I have a Surface Book 2 (model 1832, 13.5", i7-8650U, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050). Recently, the battery inside the keyboard base was replaced with a compatible one.

After connecting it, I noticed unusual behavior:

  • When the base is powered, the fans immediately start spinning, even if the tablet is not attached.

After about 20 seconds, the fans stop.

When I attach the tablet, I hear the usual connection sound, see a quick “connected” flash, and then the fans spin up again for about 20 seconds before stopping. The system then plays the disconnect sound, and the base is not recognized.

Sometimes I briefly see the second battery appear in Device Manager, but it disappears right away. I’ve already tried:

Removing and reinstalling the battery driver

Performing hard resets

Testing with both the original charger and a Surface Dock

The white LED on the base stays solid, so it seems that power delivery is fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Could this be related to firmware, or possibly a protection circuit in the keyboard base preventing normal operation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Hello everyone,

I have a Surface Book 2 (model 1832, 13.5", i7-8650U, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050).
Recently, I replaced the battery inside the keyboard base with a compatible one.

After connecting it, I noticed unusual behavior:

When the base is powered, the fans immediately start spinning, even if the tablet is not attached.

After about 20 seconds, the fans stop.

When I attach the tablet, I hear the usual connection sound, see a quick “connected” flash, and then the fans spin up again for about 20 seconds before stopping. The system then plays the disconnect sound, and the base is not recognized.

Sometimes I briefly see the second battery appear in Device Manager, but it disappears right away.
I’ve already tried:

Removing and reinstalling the battery driver

Performing hard resets

Testing with both the original charger and a Surface Dock

The white LED on the base stays solid, so it seems that power delivery is fine.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? Could this be related to firmware, or possibly a protection circuit in the keyboard base preventing normal operation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Surface | Surface Book | Питание и аккумулятор
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Новейшие
  1. Huy-K 13,985 Баллы репутации Внешний персонал Microsoft Модератор
    2025-11-13T04:37:47.3+00:00

    Note: As the thread is posted on a Russian link but written in English, I will kindly respond in English for consistency.

    Dear @Eugene Obraz,

    Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    We apologize for any inconvenience you may encounter when using our services/ products. Based on your description, kindly try these following steps:Please check the driver and try connecting a different keyboard (Bluetooth or USB) to see if the issue persists.

    If the problem does not occur with another keyboard, kindly verify whether anything was accidentally disturbed during the battery replacement process.

    Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please let me know the outcome at your earliest convenience.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Этот ответ помог вам?


Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.