Failed to read configuration for Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process/Analytics log

NIkita Vertelko 0 Баллы репутации
2025-11-07T01:40:45.89+00:00

PS C:\Users\verni> wevtutil gl Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process/Analytic
Unable to read the configuration for the Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process/Analytic log.
The instance name provided was not recognized as a valid name by the WMI data provider.

I want to enable Kernel-Process journal but can't do it. Help me please
I was trying to find Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process.man but looks like it doesn't exist.
I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow, they didn't find any problems

Windows для бизнеса | Клиент Windows для ИТ-специалистов | Производительность | Работа с рабочим столом и оболочкой Windows
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

1 ответ

Сортировать по: Самые старые
  1. Jason Nguyen Tran 27,050 Баллы репутации Независимый помощник
    2025-11-07T02:51:20.3766667+00:00

    Hi NIkita Vertelko,

    As I known, this issue often happens because the analytic and debug logs for kernel components aren’t registered or exposed by default in Windows builds.

    The file you mentioned, Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Process.man, is part of the system manifest files, but it’s embedded within Windows rather than available as a standalone file. To confirm whether the log provider exists, you can run the following command:

    wevtutil enum-publishers | find "Kernel-Process"
    

    If it doesn’t appear, that means the analytic channel for this provider isn’t registered. In that case, you can use Event Viewer > View > Show Analytic and Debug Logs to check if the channel exists under Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Kernel-Process.

    If it’s missing entirely, it’s likely the build doesn’t include that provider’s analytic events. For detailed process tracing, I recommend enabling Kernel-Process ETW tracing through Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) or xperf, which provides equivalent information with better control.

    If this answer helps resolve your question, please click “Accept Answer” so others can benefit too. Thank you 😊.

    Jason

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ваш ответ

Автор вопроса может устанавливать для ответов пометку "Принято", а модераторы — пометку "Рекомендуется". Благодаря этому пользователям становится проще понять, какой из ответов помог решить проблему автора.