Can’t download large files from OneDrive — days of struggling, support is useless

Анонимные
2025-05-29T20:51:59+00:00

I've been stuck for days trying to download two archive files (~50 GB total) from my personal OneDrive. I’m on macOS Sequoia 15.5, and the experience is an absolute nightmare.

What I've tried:

  • OneDrive desktop app: Download stalls halfway through or gets stuck indefinitely
  • Edge, Safari, Chrome: All stop the download at ~4–7 GB — no resume, just failure
  • No VPN, no bandwidth limits, no security software interfering
  • Gigabit connection: I can stream 4K, play online games — but OneDrive acts like I’m on dial-up
  • Tried rclone mount — slow and unstable
  • Tried re-auth, clearing cache, resetting sync, etc. — nothing works

Today I finally thought it was going to work — left it running all day, and it barely moved at under 2 MB/s, sometimes dropping to kilobytes per second. It’s not my internet — it’s 100% a OneDrive limitation or backend issue.

Support?

I’ve contacted Microsoft support multiple times — all I get are copy-pasted suggestions:

“Check your connection”,
“Reinstall the app”,
“Sign out and back in”,
“Update your OS”,
“Try another browser”...

None of it works. It’s like they haven’t read a single word I wrote.

I’m out of ideas.

I just want to download my own files without babying a fragile process or praying it doesn’t die halfway through.

Is there any reliable way to get large files out of OneDrive?
Or do I just accept the fact that OneDrive isn’t meant for actual data access anymore?

Microsoft 365 и Office | OneDrive | Для дома | MacOS

Заблокированный вопрос. Этот вопрос был перенесен из сообщества службы поддержки Майкрософт. Вы можете проголосовать о его полезности, но не можете добавлять комментарии или ответы, а также подписаться на этот вопрос.

Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Ответы: 2

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные
  1. Анонимные
    2025-06-05T05:40:30+00:00

    Hi Eren,

    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately these suggestions don’t help in my situation:

    • Web interface: Tried it. Edge, Safari, and Chrome all fail to complete the download — it stops between 4–7 GB and doesn’t resume. I’ve tested multiple times.
    • Splitting the files: These are existing archive files — I didn’t just upload them, I’m trying to retrieve them. I can’t split them retroactively, and I shouldn't have to. 50 GB files are common and should be supported without issues.
    • Using another device: I don’t have another device to switch to. Unless Microsoft is offering to send me one to fix this problem, I’m working with what I’ve got — and it’s not a device issue anyway. The connection is fast and stable, SSD has plenty of space, and everything else works fine. The issue is clearly on OneDrive’s end.

    Again, I appreciate the attempt to help, but these feel like canned responses. What I need is a real solution for reliably downloading large files from OneDrive without them stalling, restarting, or crawling at unusable speeds.

    Thanks.

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Один пользователь счел этот ответ полезным.
    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев
  2. Анонимные
    2025-05-30T15:43:14+00:00

    Этот ответ был переведен автоматически. Поэтому в тексте могут присутствовать грамматические ошибки или странные фразы.

    Здравствуйте, Игорь,

    Благодарим Вас за то, что Вы оставили свой вопрос на нашем форуме.

    Согласно вашему запросу, вы не можете загрузить большие файлы из вашего OneDrive, и вы уже проверили шаги, и они не сработали, поэтому в этом случае вам необходимо выполнить шаг, который приведен ниже:

    1. Используйте веб-интерфейс OneDrive: попробуйте получить доступ к своей учетной записи OneDrive через веб-браузер и загрузите файлы оттуда. Иногда использование веб-интерфейса может быть более надежным для больших загрузок.
    2. Разделите файлы: Если возможно, попробуйте разделить большие архивные файлы на более мелкие части перед их загрузкой. Это может помочь избежать проблем с загрузкой больших файлов.
    3. Попробуйте сменить устройство: Рассмотрите возможность переключения на другое устройство, а затем попробуйте загрузить файлы снова. Это может помочь решить любые проблемы, препятствующие загрузке.

    Спасибо и хорошего дня.

    Если вы нашли этот ответ полезным, пожалуйста, пометьте его как полезный.

    Искренне

    Эрен | Модератор сообщества Майкрософт

    Этот ответ помог вам?

    Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев