How do I make sure that the video card is loaded when exporting videos, and not my processor?

Анонимные
2024-03-10T10:10:43+00:00

Hi, when exporting a presentation in video format from powerpoint, I have a heavy load on the processor (amd ryzen 3 1200 quad core), and not on my video card (nvidia quadro k 620). How do I make sure that the video card is loaded when exporting videos, and not my processor?

Power Point Version: Microsoft® PowerPoint® LTSC MSO (version 2204 Build 16.0.15128.20256) 64-bit.

Microsoft 365 и Office | PowerPoint | Другое | Windows
Microsoft 365 и Office | PowerPoint | Другое | Windows

Семейство продуктов для презентационной графики Майкрософт, предлагающих средства для создания презентаций и добавления графических эффектов, таких как мультимедийные объекты и спецэффекты с текстом.

Заблокированный вопрос. Этот вопрос был перенесен из сообщества службы поддержки Майкрософт. Вы можете проголосовать о его полезности, но не можете добавлять комментарии или ответы, а также подписаться на этот вопрос.

Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев
Ответ, принятый автором вопроса
Анонимные
2024-03-10T12:04:43+00:00

Hi VladFT,

Thank you for reaching out to this forum. I'm Utkarsh and as a fellow Microsoft user, I'm here and ready to help you today. I am a user like you, this is a user forum and not Microsoft directly.

Do not worry, I will help you sort this issue, rest assured that I will do my best to assist you.

I understand you'd like to leverage your Nvidia graphics card for video exports in PowerPoint. Unfortunately, PowerPoint itself doesn't directly offer an option to choose between a processor and a graphics card for video encoding.

However, there are a few workarounds you can try:

-Use a video editing application with GPU acceleration: Consider exporting your slides as images and then using video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro or Davinci Resolve. These programs typically offer options to utilize your graphics card (GPU) for encoding, which can significantly speed up the process compared to relying solely on your CPU.

-Check for Windows Hardware Acceleration settings: While PowerPoint doesn't have a dedicated setting, Windows 10 and 11 offer options for hardware acceleration. Here's how to check:

-Right-click on your desktop and select "Display settings" -Click on "Advanced display settings" -Under "Related settings" click on "Graphics settings" -Here you might see an option for "Choose an app to set preference for" where you can potentially choose PowerPoint and set it to "High performance" (if available). This might not directly affect PowerPoint's encoding but could improve overall graphics performance. -Update Drivers: Ensure you have the latest drivers installed for both your AMD Ryzen processor and Nvidia Quadro K620 graphics card. Outdated drivers can sometimes hinder hardware acceleration capabilities. You can download the latest drivers from the AMD and Nvidia websites respectively.

-Consider upgrading PowerPoint version (if applicable): While unlikely, there's a chance that newer versions of PowerPoint (not included in LTSC versions) might have introduced features related to hardware acceleration during video exports. Upgrading to a newer version (if your license allows) might be worth exploring, but make sure to check compatibility with your other applications first.

If none of these workarounds prove successful, it's important to remember that PowerPoint prioritizes stability and compatibility over raw performance. While some users have reported success with third-party add-ins claiming to enable hardware acceleration in PowerPoint, these add-ins can be unreliable and may cause unexpected issues. It's generally recommended to stick with the methods mentioned above.

I hope this information helps! If I can be of help with anything else, please let me know. I will be glad to answer any other questions that you might have.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Warm Regards, Utkarsh

Этот ответ помог вам?

Один пользователь счел этот ответ полезным.
Комментариев: 0 Без комментариев

Дополнительные ответы: 0

Сортировать по: Наиболее полезные