MS Surface 12 Pro PXE Boot Failure via Official Adapter

Hubert Naprawa 0 Punkty reputacji
2026-09-16T07:29:40.26+00:00

My company recently purchased an MS Surface 12 Pro, and we are currently unable to deploy an operating system using PXE.

Initially, I tried connecting an Ethernet cable using several standard adapters, none of which worked. I was told that Microsoft devices require an official Microsoft Ethernet adapter for PXE boot. That sounded like an easy solution—until we realized Microsoft sells devices with USB-C ports, yet does not sell native USB-C Ethernet adapters in our market (Poland). Because of that, I was forced to buy an official Microsoft USB-A Ethernet adapter and use a third-party USB-A to USB-C adapter just to connect it to an expensive, enterprise-grade Surface device.

Despite these hardware workarounds, I am still unable to set up the device. I have tried adjusting various boot sequence and Secure Boot settings in the UEFI without success.

The device successfully downloads the NBP file over IPv4, but then immediately switches to IPv6 and fails to proceed.

Right now, I need a clear explanation and an immediate resolution on how to deploy this device via PXE, because there is no valid reason why it should fail at basic OS deployment out of the box.

Surface | Tablet Surface Pro | Sieć
Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

1 odpowiedź

Sortuj według: Najstarsze
  1. Carl-L 23,090 Punkty reputacji Pracownicy zewnętrzni firmy Microsoft Moderator
    2026-09-17T06:28:16.36+00:00

    Disclaimer: This is the forum for pl-pl locale. However, I will support you in English since the original thread is in English. If you need support in your local language, please let me know.


    Hello Hubert Naprawa,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    By your description, this means the Surface firmware is ready to deploy the ethernet path, however, the change to IPv6 blocked it.

    Before we proceed further, can you please go to the Surface UEFI, open Boot configuration and disable "Enable IPv6 for PXE network boot"?

    I'm waiting for your reply.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?


Twoja odpowiedź

Odpowiedzi mogą być oznaczone jako „Zaakceptowane” przez autora pytań i „Proponowane” przez moderatorów, co pomaga użytkownikom poznać odpowiedź rozwiązującą problem autora.