SMTP AUTH disabled for my personal Outlook.com mailbox – error 535 in Thunderbird

Kasia Drees 0 Punkty reputacji
2026-08-27T11:53:28.11+00:00

I have a personal Outlook.com/Hotmail mailbox and I can receive email normally in Thunderbird via IMAP. I can also send email successfully through Outlook.com webmail.

However, I cannot send email from Thunderbird.

Thunderbird is up to date and uses OAuth2/Modern Authentication, port 587 and STARTTLS. Two-factor authentication is enabled. I also removed and re-added the account using Thunderbird's automatic configuration.

The SMTP server returns this exact error:

535 Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for the Mailbox.

The error occurs during AUTH XOAUTH2.

There is no option in my Outlook.com settings to enable Authenticated SMTP.

Could Microsoft please check whether SMTP client authentication is disabled for my mailbox and enable it, or explain why it is disabled?

Receiving mail works correctly and sending from Outlook.com webmail works correctly.

This appears to be a server-side SMTP AUTH restriction rather than a Thunderbird configuration problem.

Outlook | Windows | Nowa aplikacja Outlook dla systemu Windows | Do użytku domowego
Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

Odpowiedzi: 2

Sortuj według: Najbardziej pomocne
  1. Kasia Drees 0 Punkty reputacji
    2026-09-02T12:17:49.9733333+00:00

    Witaj,

    Dokładnie tak mam wszystko ustawione.
    Niestety problem wysyłania poczty występuje bez zmian... :(

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?


  2. Janek Mas 900 Punkty reputacji Moderator wolontariuszy
    2026-08-27T13:30:25.3766667+00:00

    Witaj,

    Tak jest ustawiony serwer poczty wychodzącej Outlook/Hotmail

    Zrzut ekranu z 2026-08-27 15-09-20

    Pozdrawiam

    Janek

    PS

    Zobacz: Błąd podczas wysyłania wiadomości e-mail za pośrednictwem protokołu SMTP w usłudze Microsoft 365

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

Twoja odpowiedź

Odpowiedzi mogą być oznaczone jako „Zaakceptowane” przez autora pytań i „Proponowane” przez moderatorów, co pomaga użytkownikom poznać odpowiedź rozwiązującą problem autora.