Thanks for reaching out. I understand your concern, and I’m here to help.
As of now, Microsoft doesn’t officially allow users to change the default search engine used in the Windows Start menu or search bar, and it’s set to Bing by design. While this option was previously more flexible, recent updates have removed the ability to change it directly from the system settings.
You can still change your search engine within Microsoft Edge itself to Google, but this won’t affect searches made through the Start menu.
Some users have explored third-party tools to redirect Start menu searches to their preferred engine, though Microsoft’s updates tend to block or limit these workarounds over time.
If you’d like to change the default search engine in Edge, here’s a helpful Microsoft guide: Change your default search engine in Microsoft Edge
If you're looking for more control over your search experience, I’d recommend submitting feedback through the Feedback Hub. Microsoft reviews feedback and takes user input seriously when planning future updates.