I'm glad to hear that there has been an improvement. Now that you've added the exclusions, you may run another trace to see what Defender is scanning.
Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage when GAMING
Yo, when im on startup with nothing opened, the antimalware service usage is 0%. But when I open every game i have, it spikes - even up to 40%, causing stutters. I tried everything and its the same as it was. Even reinstalling windows didnt helped. I have an i7-13620H CPU and rtx 4060. I have also tried some logs so see what happens when I get the stutters and it creates folders in game files.
Windows dla domu | Windows 11 | Wydajność i błędy systemu
Pytanie zablokowane. To pytanie zostało zmigrowane ze społeczności pomocy technicznej firmy Microsoft. Możesz zagłosować, czy pytanie jest pomocne, ale nie możesz dodawać komentarzy ani odpowiedzi, ani też śledzić pytania.
Odpowiedzi: 27
Sortuj według: Najstarsze
-
Anonimowe
2024-08-12T14:26:39+00:00 Yes, it seems to help. I did a reboot to be sure - its luckily the same, after 2-3 minutes it optimizes CPU to a 50% usage. The 95C when opening is not the best but its cooler after few seconds so i wont be worried about it.
So i ran another game where u need good PC to play at good settings - The Witcher 3.
And, everything was perfect here, i think i dont even need to show a ProcMon log. 40% CPU usage and 0 stutters (tested in 2 reboots) on Ultra and Ray Tracing Max.
So i think thats all from me, thank you very much for help - you are definitely a nice person. When i will find a new problem - i will definitely write here.
:)
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,715 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
2024-08-12T14:29:50+00:00 Glad things have improved much. Thanks for the update, sebix0_.
Regarding the Defender exclusions, you may remove them after playing the game. Permanently adding a top-level folder like "Windows" or "Steam" is generally not recommended from a security point of view.
You can have two PowerShell scripts, one to add the exclusions and another one to remove them after playing the game.
-
Anonimowe
2024-08-12T14:44:11+00:00 Okay, I will try to remove it as far as the performance will stay almost the same or fully the same.
What are the scripts? Can you make ones for me with the exclusions I currently have?
-
Ramesh Srinivasan 88,715 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
2024-08-12T14:56:03+00:00 Script 1 - To add folders to exclusions
Copy the following code to Notepad and save it as "add_excl.ps1" in "C:\Scripts"
$foldersToExclude = @( "C:\Windows", "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" ) # Add folder exclusions Write-Host "Adding folder exclusions..." foreach ($folder in $foldersToExclude) { Add-MpPreference -ExclusionPath $folder }Script 2 - To remove all folders from exclusions
Copy the following code to Notepad and save it as "remove_excl.ps1" in "C:\Scripts"
$Paths=(Get-MpPreference).ExclusionPath foreach ($Path in $Paths) { Remove-MpPreference -ExclusionPath $Path -Verbose}To execute the script, create shortcuts to the script with the following targets:
powershell.exe "C:\Scripts\add_excl.ps1"powershell.exe "C:\Scripts\remove_excl.ps1"Right-click on the appropriate shortcut and click "Run as administrator".