Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage when GAMING

Anonimowe
2024-08-11T13:12:31+00:00

Yo, when im on startup with nothing opened, the antimalware service usage is 0%. But when I open every game i have, it spikes - even up to 40%, causing stutters. I tried everything and its the same as it was. Even reinstalling windows didnt helped. I have an i7-13620H CPU and rtx 4060. I have also tried some logs so see what happens when I get the stutters and it creates folders in game files.

Windows dla domu | Windows 11 | Wydajność i błędy systemu

Pytanie zablokowane. To pytanie zostało zmigrowane ze społeczności pomocy technicznej firmy Microsoft. Możesz zagłosować, czy pytanie jest pomocne, ale nie możesz dodawać komentarzy ani odpowiedzi, ani też śledzić pytania.

Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

Odpowiedzi: 27

Sortuj według: Najnowsze
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-11T15:01:21+00:00

    Ok, let me know how it goes.

    Regards,

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  2. Anonimowe
    2024-08-11T15:00:01+00:00

    Hello,

    I will do it! But sadly i can only tomorrow. Will you answer tomorrow, Im just not at home today and cant check it.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-11T14:18:24+00:00

    Hi,

    Have you run a ProcMon trace after adding that folder to the exclusions? That's the only way to find if the exclusions are working and to know if Defender is scanning some other folder/file. Please run a new trace and share the zipped log.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  4. Anonimowe
    2024-08-11T14:15:05+00:00

    H isebix0_,

    The ProcMon log shows the subfolders of the Steam folder are being scanned by Defender. Have you tried adding that folder to the exclusions?

    Please share the screenshot of the exclusions list in Windows Security.

    Also, share the zipped PML log if possible.

    Hello Ramesh,

    I only tried to add in the Exclusion list:

    MsMpEng.exe (which is the Antimalware service executable)

    Forza Horizon 4 folder (i didnt tried to add the subfolder where the Defender is scanning tho, just the whole game folder)

    And the Windows Defender folder

    • I sadly cant share the log file as I checked that few days ago and didnt saved that. But its still the same as it was.

    Thanks for answer again.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-11T14:04:16+00:00

    H isebix0_,

    The ProcMon log shows the subfolders of the Steam folder are being scanned by Defender. Have you tried adding that folder to the exclusions?

    Please share the screenshot of the exclusions list in Windows Security.

    Also, share the zipped PML log if possible.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy