Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage when GAMING

Anonimowe
2024-08-11T13:12:31+00:00

Yo, when im on startup with nothing opened, the antimalware service usage is 0%. But when I open every game i have, it spikes - even up to 40%, causing stutters. I tried everything and its the same as it was. Even reinstalling windows didnt helped. I have an i7-13620H CPU and rtx 4060. I have also tried some logs so see what happens when I get the stutters and it creates folders in game files.

Windows dla domu | Windows 11 | Wydajność i błędy systemu

Pytanie zablokowane. To pytanie zostało zmigrowane ze społeczności pomocy technicznej firmy Microsoft. Możesz zagłosować, czy pytanie jest pomocne, ale nie możesz dodawać komentarzy ani odpowiedzi, ani też śledzić pytania.

Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

Odpowiedzi: 27

Sortuj według: Najnowsze
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T11:47:10+00:00

    Ok, then. Adding those 4 folders to exclusions and turning off OmenCommandCenter should lower the CPU usage.

    Regarding clean boot, yes, turn off all non-Microsoft services and check the performance. If you want Intel and NVIDIA stuff, you may leave them enabled. They don't seem to be impacting the performance.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  2. Anonimowe
    2024-08-12T11:44:02+00:00

    Yes, I checked the processes and it was mostly like 20% Antimalware Service Executable, the game itself with a 30% of usage and 15% by Omen Gaming Hub (My laptops software) and yes, it was caused by the "OmenCommandCenterBackground".

    Also, i didnt mentioned it but my software has something like "AppHelperCap" and it can also load a 10% usage, but its not visible in the log because I disabled it before, but its not the problem here.

    About the clean boot, should i disable ALL the services? Even the Intels or Nvidias ones? I think theres some important services there. And after it, should i restart and it will be at clean boot ye?

    Defender was scanning these folders: However, the CPU spike (by Defender) wasn't noticeable in the log.

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
    C:\Windows\System32
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    C:\Users\lbara\AppData\Local\Steam
    

    File I/O by "OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe" was very high.

    When you said the CPU went to 80% usage, did you have a chance to check the Processes tab to see which process used a high CPU?

    Meanwhile, please see if a clean boot improves the performance.

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

    (Step 3 is very important. You need to first enable "Hide all Microsoft Services" before clicking "Disable all".)

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T11:05:31+00:00

    Defender was scanning these folders: However, the CPU spike (by Defender) wasn't noticeable in the log.

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
    C:\Windows\System32
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    C:\Users\lbara\AppData\Local\Steam
    

    File I/O by "OmenCommandCenterBackground.exe" was very high.

    When you said the CPU went to 80% usage, did you have a chance to check the Processes tab to see which process used a high CPU?

    Meanwhile, please see if a clean boot improves the performance.

    How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

    (Step 3 is very important. You need to first enable "Hide all Microsoft Services" before clicking "Disable all".)

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  4. Anonimowe
    2024-08-12T10:44:44+00:00

    Yes, please reset the filtering options. Let the trace run for 90 seconds.

    Save "all events", zip the PML and share it.

    Hello, I did the log again - 90seconds with the game running and all the exclusions. I saw CPU was going to 80% sometimes. logs.zip

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,635 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T09:02:24+00:00

    Yes, please reset the filtering options. Let the trace run for 90 seconds.

    Save "all events", zip the PML and share it.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy