Antimalware Service Executable high CPU usage when GAMING

Anonimowe
2024-08-11T13:12:31+00:00

Yo, when im on startup with nothing opened, the antimalware service usage is 0%. But when I open every game i have, it spikes - even up to 40%, causing stutters. I tried everything and its the same as it was. Even reinstalling windows didnt helped. I have an i7-13620H CPU and rtx 4060. I have also tried some logs so see what happens when I get the stutters and it creates folders in game files.

Windows dla domu | Windows 11 | Wydajność i błędy systemu

Pytanie zablokowane. To pytanie zostało zmigrowane ze społeczności pomocy technicznej firmy Microsoft. Możesz zagłosować, czy pytanie jest pomocne, ale nie możesz dodawać komentarzy ani odpowiedzi, ani też śledzić pytania.

Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy

Odpowiedzi: 27

Sortuj według: Najnowsze
  1. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,630 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T16:14:49+00:00

    Hi sebix0_,

    You're welcome. Glad that info helped.

    Regards.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  2. Anonimowe
    2024-08-12T15:51:36+00:00

    Thank you so much!

    So now, I will just use the script before running the game, not risking anything. This is cool!

    Thanks

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,630 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T14:56:03+00:00

    Script 1 - To add folders to exclusions

    Copy the following code to Notepad and save it as "add_excl.ps1" in "C:\Scripts"

    $foldersToExclude = @(
        "C:\Windows",
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam"
    )
    
    # Add folder exclusions
    Write-Host "Adding folder exclusions..."
    foreach ($folder in $foldersToExclude) {
        Add-MpPreference -ExclusionPath $folder
    }
    

    Script 2 - To remove all folders from exclusions

    Copy the following code to Notepad and save it as "remove_excl.ps1" in "C:\Scripts"

    $Paths=(Get-MpPreference).ExclusionPath
    foreach ($Path in $Paths) { Remove-MpPreference -ExclusionPath $Path -Verbose}
    

    To execute the script, create shortcuts to the script with the following targets:

    powershell.exe "C:\Scripts\add_excl.ps1"

    powershell.exe "C:\Scripts\remove_excl.ps1"

    Right-click on the appropriate shortcut and click "Run as administrator".

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  4. Anonimowe
    2024-08-12T14:44:11+00:00

    Okay, I will try to remove it as far as the performance will stay almost the same or fully the same.

    What are the scripts? Can you make ones for me with the exclusions I currently have?

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy
  5. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,630 Punkty reputacji Niezależny doradca
    2024-08-12T14:29:50+00:00

    Glad things have improved much. Thanks for the update, sebix0_.

    Regarding the Defender exclusions, you may remove them after playing the game. Permanently adding a top-level folder like "Windows" or "Steam" is generally not recommended from a security point of view.

    You can have two PowerShell scripts, one to add the exclusions and another one to remove them after playing the game.

    Czy ta odpowiedź była pomocna?

    Komentarze: 0 Brak komentarzy