Waiting for Authentication 0%

Denis Jamers 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-01-30T10:22:02.52+00:00

I started FlightSim 2024 today and it's stuck at "waiting for authentication 0%."

I bought FlightSim from the Xbox app.

It's always worked fine until today.

I have an Ethernet connection.

Yesterday, when I started FlightSim, my screen was black, but I did have sound.

After restarting the computer, everything was back to normal. I checked my Ethernet connection, and it's working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Deniz

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 11 | Apps
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

1 antwoord

Sorteren op: Nieuwste
  1. Sjaak Ketting 7,635 Reputatiepunten
    2026-05-30T20:01:43.42+00:00

    Hi Deniz,

    This issue occurs quite often with Flight Simulator 2024 and is usually related to the Microsoft/Xbox authentication services, or a local Xbox sign‑in that gets stuck. The steps below normally fix it right away:

    1. Check if you are signed in inside the Xbox app Open the Xbox app → click your profile (top right) → sign out → sign in again. FlightSim uses this login to verify your game ownership.
    2. Reset the Microsoft Store cache Press Win + R → type: wsreset -i → Enter Wait until the Store opens again.
    3. Check the Xbox services Press Win + R → type: services.msc Make sure these services are set to Automatic and are Running:
      • Xbox Accessory Management Service
      • Xbox Live Auth Manager
      • Xbox Live Game Save
      • Xbox Live Networking Service
    4. Start FlightSim from the Xbox app Sometimes the standalone shortcut gets stuck at “Waiting for authentication”.
    5. Check the Xbox Live server status https://support.xbox.com → Xbox Live Status If there is an outage, the game will stay at 0%.
    6. Extra step (often works):
      • Open Settings → Apps → Installed apps
      • Search for Gaming Services
      • Click Advanced options
      • Choose Reset

    Since you mentioned that yesterday you had a black screen but still had sound, it’s possible that Windows or the Xbox components updated and the authentication session got stuck.

    Feel free to let me know what you have tried or what the result is after these steps. I’ll be happy to help further.

    Text and formatting in collaboration with Copilot.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen worden gemarkeerd als 'Geaccepteerd' door de auteur van de vraag en 'Aanbevolen' door moderators, zodat gebruikers het antwoord van de auteur kunnen weten.