Screen problems after fresh windows 10 instal

Anoniem
2021-06-15T19:21:26+00:00

I have an old laptop (Acer aspire V5) that i reinstalled with windows 10, after installation everything seems normal but after a few minutes the screen is weirdly blurred, (picture 1 (I know the screen is cracked but it works fine see picture 2)) it looks like i have som sort of overlay with another screen, I also have a double mouse. I started it in safe mode and i dont have the issue.

I have tried reinstalling it, use another usb drive with a new windows setup on it but it still has the same issue. At first it seems to be working then after a while same problem. After some troubleshooting i found that if i don't connect to the internet the problem doesn't come up. I have tried stopping updates, to disable screen adapters in device manager but i can't seem to get it working. I think it might be a drive issue but am not sure. If anyone can help me out that would be great!

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 10 | Pc-projectie

Vergrendelde vraag. Deze vraag is gemigreerd vanuit de Microsoft Ondersteuning-community. U kunt met een stem aangeven of de inhoud nuttig is, maar u kunt geen opmerkingen of antwoorden toevoegen of de vraag volgen.

0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

2 antwoorden

Sorteren op: Nieuwste
  1. Anoniem
    2021-07-08T15:29:45+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    Thanks for your reply, i have been trying to fix the issue using your method. However after a few failed attemts i found that after i try a system update the screen goes wild. I have taken a picture of the updates that were installing, and im quite sertain the screen goes when the last update (Intel Corporation driver update fot intel(R) HD graphics) is complete.

    When I connect to the network updates automatticly start dowloading and installing so i can't really try annything that requires internet. I have tried to download drivers on my other PC and installing them but that still hasn't worked. I don't have the original drivers that were on the PC, i don't have anny files or programs that i want to keep, i just need a clean install of windows. Do you maybe have another option i can try?

    EDIT:

    I have tried blocking updates from windows using services.msc and disabeling updates. ( I dont really need updates, its just an old laptop for playing some games) but still after i connect to the network within a few minutes the screen goes crazy.

    Afbeelding

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  2. Anoniem
    2021-06-15T19:54:47+00:00

    Hi Rick. I'm Greg, an Independent Advisor.

    1. Compare the install you did with this gold standard Clean Install of Windows which will stay that way as long as you stick with the tools and methods given, has zero reported problems, and is better than any amount of money could buy: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Note the driver steps are so important they are printed in red.

    The reason I ask you to do this is because no one of millions who have followed the install in that link has ever come back to report problems that I have seen. It is also a great learning experience that will make you permanently the master of your PC because you will learn what works best and have applied it with your own hands.

    1. Have you updated the BIOS and all drivers from the PC or motherboard maker's Support Downloads web page?

    The Display driver is so important here that merely updating it is sometimes not enough. So let's try everything possible to get it working correctly:

    First make sure you have updated the Display driver from the PC or Display adapter maker's Support Downloads web page for your exact model number, HP Serial Number or Dell Service Tag - from the sticker on the PC.

    If necessary first remove the old driver using DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/ddu-guide-t... (not necessary with Microsoft Basic driver which is a placeholder if nothing else is available) and/or install in Safe Mode with Networking (so you have internet), or Safe Mode, accessed by one of these methods: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-saf...

    While there check also for newer chipset, BIOS/UEFI firmware (very important), network, sound, USB3 and other drivers, comparing to the ones presently installed in Device Manager reached by right clicking the Start Menu.

    If this doesn't give you the latest or ideal driver for what you need, compare it to the driver offered by the Intel driver update Utility here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/...

    or the Nvidia Update utility here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx?lang=e...

    or the AMD autodect utility here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/P...

    For Display issues one fix that is working is to Roll back or Uninstall the Driver on the Display Device > Driver tab, restart PC to reinstall driver.

    You can also try older drivers in Device Manager > Display device > Driver tab > Update Driver > Browse > Let Me Pick.

    Then you will know you've tried everything in addition to Windows Update drivers.

    Adjust the screen resolution until it fits and looks best at Settings > System > Display.

    Then watch WIndows Updates which may push a new monitor driver based on the display driver you now have installed.

    1. If nothing has worked so far then Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

    Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 17 to test a new Local Admin account. Then if necessary continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.

    1. If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool, open tool and choose to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, is the most stable method to advance to the latest version, and solves most problems. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

    But I would redo the Clean Install if it varies much from the gold standard install in Step 1 above.

    Feel free to ask any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

    ______________________________________________

    Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen