Windows Phone Link does not work anymore

Anoniem
2023-03-18T12:12:19+00:00

Since last week, I cannot connect with the Windows Phone Link app to my Android phone anymore. When I open the app, it says 'Get started', when it used to display my photos on the phone. When trying to restore the connection with the QR code, my phone makes a sound and says it is connected. However, my PC does not respond accordingly, and the 5 steps progress never gets further than this:

So how can I make the Phone Link app working again?

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 10 | Telefoon en pc verbinden

Vergrendelde vraag. Deze vraag is gemigreerd vanuit de Microsoft Ondersteuning-community. U kunt met een stem aangeven of de inhoud nuttig is, maar u kunt geen opmerkingen of antwoorden toevoegen of de vraag volgen.

0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

4 antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Anoniem
    2023-04-05T22:19:47+00:00

    Finally I got the app working again. As it turns out, the app looks completely different now, so there must have been a software update that didn't go through automatically or properly. I had to reset the app on my PC. This advice came from the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. You can find the details here:

    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/your-phone-app-not-working-or-will-not-open-on-windows-10

    You do not really need this troubleshooter, but you can go directly to apps (Win+I), find Windows Phone Link and choose advanced settings.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  2. SD - IA 180.9K Reputatiepunten Onafhankelijke adviseur
    2023-03-19T02:22:29+00:00

    Thanks.

    Can you try setting up Mobile Hotspot, try configuring it and try again?

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  3. Anoniem
    2023-03-18T14:49:21+00:00

    My device is a Samsung Galaxy S7. Not the newest model, but the Phone Link app has always worked.

    The only thing I did not try was reinstalling the app on my phone, but unfortunately, this did not help. I guess (from what I remember) that the popup window that displays the QR-code must disappear automatically, and the process should continue, but it does not.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  4. SD - IA 180.9K Reputatiepunten Onafhankelijke adviseur
    2023-03-18T13:06:18+00:00

    Hi esimsnl,

    I'm Sumit, here to answer your query at the Microsoft Community.

    Via: https://support.microsoft.com/topic/troubleshoo...

    Make sure your PC and Android device are both nearby, turned on, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network

    Secondly, remove Phone link App from your Phone and reinstall again.

    Third, perform an App Reset of Phone link by right-clicking the app, and choosing App Settings>Reset and then start over.

    Also, let us know if you are using Samsung device - the steps might be different for that.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen