Secure connection failed

Anoniem
2024-03-12T14:47:19+00:00

On my new pc I cannot open websites, I get the message Secure Connection Failed. Wifi and password is ok. I can see you tube. Ihave reset the pc with no results. How to open Edge or Firefox?

Microsoft Edge | De browser openen | Windows 10

Vergrendelde vraag. Deze vraag is gemigreerd vanuit de Microsoft Ondersteuning-community. U kunt met een stem aangeven of de inhoud nuttig is, maar u kunt geen opmerkingen of antwoorden toevoegen of de vraag volgen.

0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

4 antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Anoniem
    2024-03-13T15:57:33+00:00

    Thunderbird may ask for your password for your email account, for example that of Outlook or Gmail because you must configure it so that they can read messages from these sites.

    For AVG, you can configure it so that it doesn't block the web, I don't know where exactly but it's in the options for sure.

    But I would say that Windows Security is better than AVG, I have no antivirus other than it from Windows.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  2. Anoniem
    2024-03-13T11:00:29+00:00

    I looked in my setings/internet, but there is no SSL cache. I switched off my antivirus (AVG, I hope that MS safety is working), and I now have Firefox browser working again. But no e-mail of Thunderbird. If I install Thbrd, I get a window asking a password. I cannot find a Thbrd password.

    I have now been working on this issue for 5 days, and I am getting fed up with Thbrd.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  3. Anoniem
    2024-03-13T08:26:39+00:00

    I removed the virus protection programme AVG and now I can open websites again. But AVG is not active so I'm not protected.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  4. Anoniem
    2024-03-12T15:28:13+00:00

    Hello Robert, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

    Did you do a complete reinstallation of Windows 10?

    You can try this:

    1.Incorrect system date and time settings can lead to secure connection errors because they cause the security certificates of websites to appear invalid. Ensure your system's date and time are correctly set by going to Settings > Time & Language > Date & Time. Enable "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" for accuracy.

    2.Resetting the SSL cache and clearing browsing data can resolve issues related to outdated or corrupted cache and cookies, which might be causing the secure connection failures.

    -Reset SSL Cache: Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Content tab, and click on "Clear SSL State".

    -Clear Browsing Data: In Edge, go to the browser settings and find the option to clear browsing history, cookies, and cached data.

    3.Security software, including antivirus and firewall applications, can sometimes interfere with secure connections. Temporarily disable your security software to check if it resolves the issue. If it does, consider adjusting its settings or switching to another security solution.

    4.Ensure that your browser is not configured to use a proxy server, as incorrect proxy settings can cause connection issues.

    On the Edge menu, select Settings, Click on **System and Performance **and then select Open your computer’s proxy settings.

    5.If you're using a VPN, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, changing your DNS server to a more reliable one like Google DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or Cloudflare DNS (1.1.1.1) can improve connection stability and security.

    tuto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneYaCgZjoE&amp...

    _________________________________________________

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen