IP Management: Moving a Standard Static Public IP to Another Subscription — MoveNotSupported Error

AA-8688 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-10-08T11:40:03.2933333+00:00

Problem description

I am trying to move an existing Standard SKU static public IP address from one Azure subscription to another while keeping the same IP address. During validation, I receive the error: "MoveNotSupported" for the resource type "Microsoft.Network/publicIPAddresses". I want to know if there's a supported way to perform this move without changing the IP address.

Environment

Azure Public IP resource, Standard SKU, Static IPv4, West Europe, Zonal configuration: Zone 1.

What I've already tried

I attempted a cross-subscription move validation for the public IP resource. The validation failed immediately with the error: "MoveNotSupported" for the resource type "publicIPAddresses". No disassociation or move has been executed; the virtual machine remains attached to the IP. I asked whether disassociating the IP first would enable the move while preserving the address, and reviewed documentation indicating that Standard SKUs cannot be moved across subscriptions while retaining the same IP.

Current status

The public IP remains attached to the VM's network interface, and the move is blocked at validation with the same error. I am seeking confirmation on whether there is any supported method to move this Standard, zonal, static public IP to another subscription while keeping the exact IP address. If not, I need guidance on recreating the IP in the new subscription with the same configuration, acknowledging that the IP address will change.

Windows-voor Business | Windows Server | Windows-cloud | Overige
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.