Outlook.com deadlock with 2 accounts

Wouter Van den Dorpe 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-09-27T14:38:41.92+00:00

I have two accounts on Outlook.

Account A, I have forgotten the password of. It is the recovery account for Account B.
Account B, I do remember the password of and this is set as the recovery account for Account A, so in theory I could reset the forgotten password of A with Account B if I log in there. However, whenever I try to log in to Account B, it tells me I need to verify this account, and it will only send the verification code to Account A, which I don't know the password of.

So now I'm stuck in this ridiculous deadlock where I can't log in to either account, even though I know the password of Account B. How do I resolve this situation? Recovery forms haven't worked as these are really old accounts which I haven't sent mails with for a while. Keep in mind that no telephone number is linked to this as back in the day, none of that was an option.

Appreciate any help on this.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Accountbeheer, beveiliging en privacy
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

1 antwoord

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Chloe-V 13,710 Reputatiepunten Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-28T02:11:59.09+00:00

    Disclaimer: I noticed that the locale is set to nl-NL, while your request was submitted in English. To ensure consistency and clarity, I will continue responding in English.


    Hi Wouter Van den Dorpe

    I understand the deadlock you are facing. Since both accounts depend on each other for verification, you will need to recover one of them using a third working email address, not Account A or Account B.

    Please run the Microsoft account Sign-in Helper for Account B first, as you still know its password. If it directs you to the recovery form, provide another accessible email address for Microsoft’s reply and complete the form from a familiar device and location. Include old passwords, exact email subject lines, contacts, and details of any Microsoft services linked to the account.

    If the form is rejected, you may submit it again with additional accurate information, up to two times per day. However, support agents and forum contributors cannot manually reset the password, change the registered recovery address, or bypass account verification. Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

    Also check any old phones, computers, browsers, or password managers where either account may still be signed in or where the password may have been saved. Do not sign out of any device that still has access.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.