Good morning, Microsoft. You previously decided to block my admin account [REMOVED ******@hotmail.com) after my provider was hacked. I am now facing a problem: I’ve discovered that my old account is part of a domain, and attempts are being made to steal my da

martin van der kolk 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-09-21T06:07:15.0633333+00:00

Good morning, Microsoft. You previously decided to block my admin account [REMOVED ******@hotmail.com) after my provider was hacked. I am now facing a problem: I’ve discovered that my old account is part of a domain, and attempts are being made to steal my data. I am constantly forced to log in using the blocked account—which, legally speaking, you should never have blocked in the first place. If I delete the old account, I will lose many programs, which is a major issue. There is also an unknown account on my PC that I cannot identify. I would appreciate a suitable solution; this has been going on for a year now, and it is incredibly disheartening. Best regards, Martin.

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 11 | Accounts, profielen en aanmelden
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

1 antwoord

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Ian-T 13,360 Reputatiepunten Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-22T00:47:37.94+00:00

    Please note that this is Dutch Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Dutch. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response. Please note that our forum is a public platform, and we will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data. Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors cannot access accounts or Microsoft’s back-end systems. We can only provide technical guidance on reported incidents, requests and ideas 


    Hello @martin van der kolk

    A Hotmail address is normally a personal Microsoft account. Seeing a domain, organization, or unknown account on the PC does not necessarily mean the Hotmail account itself belongs to that domain. It may instead be a separate Windows user, work or school connection, or an account previously added to the device.

    For now, do not delete the old Windows profile or unknown account. Back up important files first and note which Microsoft account owns each paid program or subscription. Removing a Windows user can remove that user’s local profile data, while some applications may later require the original purchasing account for activation.

    Because compromise is suspected, run a full scan first through Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Scan options > Full scan. Microsoft recommends scanning the PC before changing the account password

    Then use the Microsoft Sign-in Helper for the blocked personal account. The tool can direct you to the appropriate recovery path and may offer a support option depending on the result.

    To identify what you are seeing on the PC, please check:

    • Settings > Accounts > Other users
    • Settings > Accounts > Access work or school
    • Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts

    Please reply with where the unknown account appears and whether Windows shows “Connected to” an organization.

    Thank you for your time

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.