URGENT – Sole Global Administrator locked out by MFA

Axelle Lootens 20 Reputatiepunten
2026-08-18T15:18:17.1633333+00:00

I am the only Global Administrator of an existing Microsoft 365 Business tenant and I am completely locked out because MFA verification is failing.

I cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Center of the affected tenant, and there is no other administrator who can reset my MFA.

SMS verification fails with the message that my account could not be verified.

I need Data Protection / Tenant Recovery to verify ownership of the tenant and reset the MFA registration for the sole Global Administrator.

Please do not close this request because I cannot authenticate to the affected tenant. This temporary tenant is being used only to contact Microsoft Support because the sole administrator of the original tenant is locked out.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams voor Bedrijven | Registreren en Aanmelden | Aanmelden
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Answer accepted by question author
Jayden-P 3,540 Reputatiepunten Independent Advisor
2026-08-18T15:37:54.7033333+00:00

Please note that this forum is a public platform, and moderators will modify your question to hide your personal information in the description. Kindly ensure that you hide any personal or organizational information the next time you post an error or other details to protect personal data.

Please note that this is the nl-be forum. We kindly recommend posting your question in Dutch so that more community members can assist you. Alternatively, you may consider posting in the English forum (en-us) if you prefer to use your native language. We sincerely appreciate your understanding

Hi @Axelle Lootens

I'd like to clarify that this is forum is not Microsoft support, it is a user to user forum. As I a normal user just like you, I can not escalate this directly.

If you already have a trial tenant, you can you can go to Microsoft 365 admin center and click "Help & support" icon to raise your ticket.

User's image

Please mention that you are raising ticket on behalf of the affected tenant that you do not have access to.

Please remember to cancel the subscription afterward of the trial tenant to avoid any related charges. 

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

1 persoon vond dit antwoord nuttig.
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

0 extra antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.