Co pilot button is useless

Wouter Donkers 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-08-06T11:17:33.9033333+00:00

Hi there,

Contact via phone is impossible, via your forms is even more worse so therefore this way.

I recently got a Samsung book5 with a co pilot button. I don't understand why they put this on this laptop, because I can't use the app.

I got a work account from microsoft, but then it always sends me to the browser?

When I loging with my private Gmail, then it says that I need a microsoft account, but that's kinda logical.

So WHY is there a co pilot function that only redirects you to other places or is saying that I can't use it??

Very, very shitty, don't understand this at all. It should make life more easy, but this only gives frustrations.

Hopefully someone can help my so I can just use it als it should work, IN THE APP.

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | Copilot+ PC
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

1 antwoord

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Clary-N 16,910 Reputatiepunten Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-08-07T04:12:34.41+00:00

    Hi Wouter Donkers,

    I can see that you're using English, so I'll continue supporting you in this language. If you'd prefer to switch to another language, just let me know.

    I understand why this feels frustrating. Based on what you've described, your work account is already being recognized, but it's redirecting you to the browser experience. This can be expected depending on how your organization's Microsoft account and Copilot access are configured.

    Regarding your Gmail account, the message is also expected if that Gmail address is not registered as a Microsoft account. The Windows Copilot app requires a personal Microsoft account for the consumer Copilot experience.

    To help narrow this down, could you let me know:

    • Which Windows version are you using? Press Win + R, type winver and press Enter.
    • When you press the Copilot key, does it open the Copilot app briefly before redirecting to the browser, or does it go straight to the browser?
    • Is the Copilot app installed from the Microsoft Store and are you able to open it manually from the Start menu?

    With those details, I'll do my best to help determine whether this is the expected behavior for your account or if there's a configuration issue on the device.


    If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?


Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.