For some reason some versions of minecraft don't let me type in chat.

Jesse van Sante 0 Reputatiepunten
2026-07-17T14:05:23.1066667+00:00

|| | -------- | In minecraft, when I press T there appears red text that says: "chat is not allowed by account settings". I've tried following the instructions on https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/43413776295437, but that doesnt work. I'm using windows 11 26200.865 on an aspire ag15-42p with wireless wifi. This issue started june 19 (the day before everything worked fine) and I can't type in multiplayer chat anymore, with this notification (ss) popping up when I press T. I've also discovered that the issue is version specific. It doesn't happen on the latest version or on 1.8.8, but does on 1.21.8 and 1.18.1 (these are all the versions that I've tested). I've tried changing the settings of my xbox account and restarting my laptop and logging in and out of my minecraft account, but none of that worked. I've already contacted minecraft support, but they said that Minecraft java edition is working as expected and told me to ask microsoft.

image.png

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Overige | Gaming
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

2 antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.9K Reputatiepunten Volunteer Moderator
    2026-07-17T16:02:08.05+00:00

    Dit is een openbaar forum, niet Microsoft support.

    Probeer daar support? Of had je al een ticket aangemaakt?

    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/43413776295437-Troubleshoot-Minecraft-Java-Edition-Chat-Access

    Support request:

    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/request/new?ticket_form_id=360001225811

    Sorry wat vergeten of informeer daar in het forum:

    https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?


  2. Verwijderd

    Dit antwoord is verwijderd vanwege een schending van onze Gedragscode. Het antwoord is handmatig gerapporteerd of via geautomatiseerde detectie geïdentificeerd voordat er actie is ondernomen. Raadpleeg onze Gedragscode voor meer informatie.


    Opmerkingen zijn uitgeschakeld. Meer informatie

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.