Surface Pro 10 5G — constant cellular drops & 100% failed registrations with Vodafone, while same SIM works perfectly in Surface Pro 8 5G
I'm running into a persistent cellular problem on a Surface Pro 10 with 5G (Intel) and I've been able to isolate it quite precisely, but I'm stuck on the cause.
Symptoms: The mobile connection keeps dropping and the device repeatedly deregisters from the network. Windows WWAN logs (period 5–16 June 2026) show ~2 data drops/day, ~1.3 network deregistrations/day, and — most strikingly — 100% failed SIM/network registrations (20 out of 20 attempts).
What I've tested (isolation):
- Same Vodafone SIM works flawlessly in a Surface Pro 8 5G → the subscription, SIM and Vodafone provisioning are fine.
- In the Pro 10, both the physical Vodafone SIM and the Vodafone eSIM fail identically.
- A SIM from a different carrier works flawlessly in the Pro 10 → the modem/SIM slot hardware is basically OK.
- So the problem is specific to the combination Vodafone × Surface Pro 10 5G.
What I've already tried (no effect):
- Firmware update of 16 June 2026.
- Multiple APN configurations (
internet.vodafone.nl,live.vodafone.com), incl. type "Internet and attach". - Network reset and re-downloading the eSIM profile.
- Latest Windows Update / Surface drivers installed.
Questions:
- Is this a known issue with the Pro 10's Qualcomm 5G modem firmware / carrier (COSA) profile for specific operators?
- Is there a way to force the modem to LTE/4G-only on the Pro 10 (no such option appears in Windows cellular settings)?
- Is there a newer firmware/WWAN driver beyond 16 June 2026 that addresses carrier-specific registration failures?
Device: Surface Pro 10 with 5G (Intel), Windows 11 [versie/build invullen], modem: Surface 5G Mobile Broadband (Qualcomm). Carrier: Vodafone NL.
Any pointers appreciated — happy to share the WWAN .evtx logs. [Moderator edited duplicated content]