USB controller detected but not working (Windows 11)

sjoerd 20 Reputatiepunten
2026-05-03T15:49:34.27+00:00

Hi, I have a problem with my controller on Windows 11.

  • USB mouse works fine
  • When I plug in my controller I hear the sound
  • But it does NOT show up in joy.cpl or Device Manager
  • It used to work before Afbeelding van gebruiker

it says it is a sound thing but it isnt

  • Tried different USB ports and reinstalling drivers

Specs:

  • Ryzen 5 5600G
  • RX 6600 XT
  • ASUS PRIME B450M-A II
  • 16GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated.Hi, I have a problem with my controller on Windows 11.

  • USB mouse works fine
  • When I plug in my controller I hear the sound
  • But it does NOT show up in joy.cpl or Device Manager
  • It used to work before
  • Tried different USB ports and reinstalling drivers
Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 11 | Instellingen
0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

Answer accepted by question author
Ivan B 125K Reputatiepunten Independent Advisor
2026-05-03T16:29:16.9833333+00:00

Hi,

Is the controller a DualSense or a DS4?

The wireless controller is connected as shown in the photo.

Thanks

Was dit antwoord nuttig?

1 persoon vond dit antwoord nuttig.

0 extra antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.