HOW CAN I Urgently request escalation – OneDrive data still within 30-day recovery window

Essam Amhimed 20 Reputatiepunten
2026-03-01T01:34:30.02+00:00

Hello Microsoft community,

I am requesting urgent escalation to a real OneDrive technical expert. I have already contacted Microsoft support multiple times, but I keep being sent in circles with standard replies follow steps, 30-day policy, or generic articles without any real investigation into my case. Nothing has been resolved so far.

This is a personal Hotmail account (only one account). I have changed my password for security, and I have thoroughly checked all settings. All synchronization is turned off; there are no linked accounts. The problem is that my data is still within the 30 days, but if this delay continues, I will lose my files permanently.

My files (photos and videos) are being restored, then removed again, and I keep getting deletion emails even though I am not deleting anything. This clearly suggests an issue with OneDrive restore or internal processes, not my device.

Support also suggested that I send my device to a data recovery company, which does not make sense because the data is still accessible in OneDrive and recoverable within the 30 days. The issue is with OneDrive management, not a local device failure.

I am specifically requesting:

A technical investigation of my OneDrive account logs

A review of the restore and deletion activity

Direct escalation to a specialized OneDrive engineer

A solution before the 30-day recovery window expires

Can someone help me get in touch with an expert who can truly review this case, and not just pass along a questionnaire without looking into it?

Thank you Essam

Microsoft 365 en Office | OneDrive | Overige | Windows

Answer accepted by question author
Katerina-N 9,305 Reputatiepunten Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-03-02T16:51:27.92+00:00

Disclaimer: Please note that this thread is written in English, even though it’s posted on the NL-NL forum. I’ll reply in English to assist properly. For future cases, you may consider posting on the EN-US forum to receive localized support.


Hello Essam Amhimed,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A forum!

I understand that you are having issue with OneDrive recovery. I truly understand how you feel. Let me assist you further.

Based on your description, you are still inside the 30-day recovery window. If files are being restored and then deleted again. That usually means one of these is happening:

  • A device is still syncing and deleting
  • A hidden sync session is active
  • Account activity (unknown sign-in) is triggering deletion
  • OneDrive backend restore incident

Below is my suggestion for you:

  1. Stop all the sync
  • On every device (phone, laptop, tablet):
  • Open OneDrive
  • Turn off sync
  • Sign out of OneDrive app
  • Then uninstall the app temporarily
  1. Go to:

This prevents any background sync from deleting files again.
2. Check account activity

  • Go to: account.microsoft.com/security > Review activity
  • Look for: Unknown IP locations, Repeated logins, Automated access
  • If you see suspicious activity:
  •  Enable 2-step verification
  •  Sign out of all sessions
  1. Use one web browser only
  • Use one browser (preferably Chrome or Edge in Incognito mode).

Go to OneDrive web version only.

  • Do not use mobile app for restore now.
  • Restore files from: Recycle Bin > Restore
  • Then immediately: Download everything important to an external drive.

 Do not rely on cloud while this is unstable.

Please note that this is a user‑to‑user support forum. Moderators, contributors, and external Microsoft staff cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back‑end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas. Still, I will do my best to assist you with everything I can.

I hope this will help with your situation. Please feel free to reach back if you have further update or more questions.

Best Regards,


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment”.   

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was dit antwoord nuttig?


0 extra antwoorden

Sorteren op: Oudste

Uw antwoord

Antwoorden kunnen door de auteur van de vraag worden gemarkeerd als Geaccepteerde antwoorden, zodat gebruikers weten met welk antwoord het probleem van de auteur is opgelost.