Windows pop-up keeps asking me to sign in with an account that doesn't exist

Anoniem
2021-12-18T09:34:29+00:00

So, at one point I set my school email adress as my work email on my pc. After I graduated, this email account got deleted, which makes me unable to acces it. Since a few days, out of nowhere, a pop-up keeps appearing asking me to sign in with my work/school email. Which I can't...

Is there any way to delete this email? And to stop this pop-up from appearing?

Thanks.

Windows voor thuisgebruik | Windows 10 | Instellingen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen

3 antwoorden

Sorteren op: Meest nuttig
  1. Anoniem
    2021-12-19T11:20:46+00:00

    Hi Koenkloosterhuis -

    Thank you for your response. I see, are you the administrator of your computer? Kindly try to perform the steps below.

    1. Press windows key + I to open settings
    2. Select Accounts
    3. On the left pane, select Your info
    4. Under your account name, do you see Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead? If so, please click it then sign in using your Microsoft account
    5. Once you're signed in, retry the steps I provided on my previous reply

    If the issue still persist, try creating a new user profile. Click the link below for the steps.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

    Regards,

    Jerico T.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  2. Anoniem
    2021-12-19T10:53:09+00:00

    Dear Jerico,

    Thank you for your reply.

    Unfortunately, I don't see any way to delete the work/school email (step 4 and 6).

    The only option I have is to press 'manage' which then asks me to log in (which is impossible since the email adress no longer exists). Or is the delete option located somewhere else?

    Kind regards,

    Koen

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen
  3. Anoniem
    2021-12-18T10:09:19+00:00

    Hi Koenkloosterhuis -

    I'm Jerico T., I understand that you're having some issues right now and I'd be more than happy to help you today.

    Please try to perform the steps below.

    1. Open settings by pressing windows key + I
    2. Select Accounts
    3. On the left pane select Email & accounts
    4. Remove/delete the work/school email
    5. Again, on the left pane select Access work or school
    6. Delete the work/school email
    7. Check if it fixes your concern

    Feel free to reach back if you need any further assistance.

    Hope this help. Have a good day.

    Thank you,

    Jerico T.

    Was dit antwoord nuttig?

    0 opmerkingen Geen opmerkingen