Hallo Yasin,
Onderwerp : Control key act as if it is stuck periodical
https://superuser.com/questions/956049/control-key-acts-as-if-it-is-stuck-periodically
Ik wil je de discussie pagina meegeven via bovenstaande link.
Groeten,
Jacquito.
Deze browser wordt niet meer ondersteund.
Upgrade naar Microsoft Edge om te profiteren van de nieuwste functies, beveiligingsupdates en technische ondersteuning.
I want to CTRL + C but but it works one time and some other time it doesnt! This first started appearing on my Lenovo Thinkbook 20VD laptop months ago, then a few weeks ago it started happening to my Logitech MX Keys mini!
As a constant CTRL + C user its SO annoying to see it hasnt copied something. I'm on the verge of just factory resetting but im scared it will be for nothing. Anyone have a similar problem?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hallo Yasin,
Onderwerp : Control key act as if it is stuck periodical
https://superuser.com/questions/956049/control-key-acts-as-if-it-is-stuck-periodically
Ik wil je de discussie pagina meegeven via bovenstaande link.
Groeten,
Jacquito.
I only have "DosKeybCodes" and "DosKeyIDs".
This is not a mapping issue. It just doesnt work at times. The keys are clean as well. When I try to use ctrl to get this issue intentionally, it doesnt happen. It only happens when I dont expect it. I.e: I spam ctrl + c to copy and paste and it works 100%, but 10 minutes later when I'm working, it doesnt copy.
I would like to caution you that editing the Windows Registry (regedit) can be risky if not done properly, and it's important to make sure you have a backup of your registry before making any changes. Proceed with caution and follow the steps below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
Note: Modifying the Windows Registry can have unintended consequences and may cause issues with your system if not done correctly. It's recommended to create a backup of your registry before making any changes, and only make changes if you are confident in your understanding of the registry and its potential risks.
I hope this helps, please feel free to reply to this if you need any further Assistance.
Kindly,
Amr
Thanks Amr, but these are the most basic stuff. I've already done these. Its happening on two different keyboards, on Edge and Firefox and I have no mapping software installed.
Please escort me to edit anything in regedit. Its probably that but it seems literally no one has this problem other than me.
Hi Yasin,
I'm Amr, an Independent Microsoft Company advisor, and a fellow Microsoft customer. I’m happy to look into this for you.
If you are experiencing issues with the Ctrl key not working consistently on both your Lenovo Thinkbook laptop and Logitech MX Keys mini keyboard, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:
. Ensure that there is no physical damage or debris affecting the Ctrl key on your laptop keyboard or external keyboard.
. Clean the Ctrl key and the surrounding area to make sure there is no dust or dirt that could be interfering with the key's functionality.
. Go to the manufacturer's website for your laptop and external keyboard, and download the latest drivers for both.
. Install the updated drivers and restart your computer.
. Try using the Ctrl key with different applications, such as Notepad, Word, or a web browser, to see if the issue persists across different software.
. If the issue is limited to a specific application, it could be related to that particular software's settings or configurations.
. If possible, connect a different keyboard to your laptop and see if the Ctrl key works consistently with the new keyboard.
. If the issue persists with a different keyboard, it could indicate a software or settings issue on your laptop.
. Some software, such as keyboard utilities or remapping tools, may interfere with the functionality of the Ctrl key.
. Check if you have any such software installed on your laptop, and consider disabling or uninstalling them temporarily to see if the issue resolves.
. Malware or viruses could potentially interfere with keyboard functionality. Run a reputable antivirus or anti-malware software to scan your system for any potential threats.
. If all else fails, you can consider a factory reset of your laptop as a last resort.
. However, note that a factory reset will erase all data and installed applications on your laptop, so make sure to backup your important files before proceeding.
I hope this helps, please feel free to reply to this if you need any further Assistance.
This is a user-to-user support forum. We're users just like you helping other users to find solutions to their problems.
Kindly,
Amr