Dear Microsoft-people.

B G 0 Omdømmepoeng
2026-09-02T19:06:05.8533333+00:00

Subject: A short explanation and apology

I wanted to send you a short explanation, and also an apology if my activity caused irritation or unnecessary work. I am not a developer or a security professional. In fact, I have done very little technical work for many years. Apart from a rather unsuccessful attempt at setting up a crypto wallet around 2019–2020, this is not normally my world at all. Most of what I now know about DevTools, network requests, Lighthouse and code, I have learned very recently with the help of AI, more or less from the beginning. The reason I started looking so closely was not because I enjoy interfering with systems or trying to outsmart anyone. I am simply a mother who is very worried about my daughter, who is struggling badly at the moment. On nights when I cannot sleep anyway, going through numbers, logs and technical information has given me something concrete to focus on, while also feeling that I am at least trying to do something that might help her. I realise now that I misunderstood some of what I was seeing and became too hopeful that certain technical findings might prove something important. I also understand that some of my activity may have looked unusual or irritating from your side. As soon as I understood that my DevTools/Lighthouse activity should stop, I stopped it. I have no wish to bypass safeguards, scrape services, disturb systems or create extra work for people who know far more about this than I do. I genuinely respect that expertise. If any of my activity was used publicly as an example or warning to others, I have no objection to that. If anything, I can see the humour in it now. I only wanted you to know that there was no malicious intent behind any of it. It was a worried and rather technically inexperienced mother trying to understand something far outside her own field. Thank you for your patience, and I am sorry for any unnecessary trouble I caused. P.S. And if someone has, in fact, been kind enough to make a Microsoft 365/Defender subscription available to me, I would simply like to say thank you. I still have no idea how it came about, but I am very grateful for it. Your friendly, The Hobbit.

Windows for home | Annet | Inndata og språk
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
  1. Alex-L 12,985 Omdømmepoeng Eksternt personale hos Microsoft Moderator
    2026-09-03T07:03:07.51+00:00

    Please note that this is NB-NO forum, all post should be in Norwegian, however, I will still use English for your case today.


    Hi B G

    Thank you for your thoughtful message and for providing the background behind your actions. It is clear that your intentions came from concern for your daughter and a genuine desire to understand a situation that was outside your usual area of expertise.

    It's commendable that you recognized the misunderstanding, adjusted your approach, and stopped the activity once you learned it could be problematic. We all start somewhere when learning new technical subjects, and mistakes can happen during that process.

    Most importantly, your post makes it clear that there was no malicious intent. Thank you for your honesty, apology, and respectful attitude. Wishing you and your daughter all the best, and hopefully things become easier for both of you moving forward.

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

Svaret ditt

Svar kan merkes som «Godtatt» av spørsmålsforfatteren og «Anbefalt» av moderatorer, noe som hjelper brukerne med å vite at svaret løste forfatterens problem.