Additional information:
My Hotmail account was compromised on June 1, 2026.
Within a short period of time, I received Microsoft notifications confirming that:
- The password had been changed.
- Security information had been removed.
- A passkey had been deleted.
- A new email address (jf*****@ig****s.cc) had been added to the account.
I also received an SMS from Microsoft on my phone confirming that the new email address had been added.
I am now completely locked out of the account. When I attempt to sign in, Microsoft reports that my original Hotmail address is not a valid Microsoft account. Because of this, I am unable to use the normal account recovery process.
The attacker appears to have removed or replaced my original sign-in alias, which is why the account can no longer be found using my Hotmail address.
I have owned this account for approximately 20 years and I have screenshots documenting the unauthorized changes that occurred on June 1, 2026.
This is not a forgotten password issue. This is a documented account takeover.
Could a Microsoft moderator please review this case and advise whether it can be escalated for manual review?
Thank you.