Getting 2FA codes ment for another user

Henrik 5 Omdømmepoeng
2025-09-01T10:10:55.9066667+00:00

phishing

Hi, I wonder how I keep getting 2FA codes ment for another user. Seems like someone sending on behalf of microsoft and my email is somehow added in BCC becuase the one in TO field is not mine.

Doesnt seem to include any phishing links and mail look legit. I just dont understand what's going on here and whats their goal.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | E-postadresse
0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
  1. Emmanuel Santana 40,210 Omdømmepoeng Uavhengig rådgiver
    2025-09-01T10:45:59.7833333+00:00

    Hello. The emails look suspicious because of the headers. A real Microsoft 2FA mail always comes directly from ******@accountprotection.microsoft.com. In your case, the “From” line shows Microsoft, but the headers reveal it was actually sent by another domain (donatefundhub.com) “on behalf of” Microsoft.

    That’s the red flag, Microsoft doesn’t send security codes through third-party domains.

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    1 person syntes dette svaret var nyttig.

Svaret ditt

Svar kan merkes som «Godtatt» av spørsmålsforfatteren og «Anbefalt» av moderatorer, noe som hjelper brukerne med å vite at svaret løste forfatterens problem.