Change team picture in Teams for Education

Anonym
2024-05-23T10:48:43+00:00

I have noticed that the Classic Teams app have a range of colorful team images to choose from, but in the New Teams these images are nowhere to be found and the only option is to upload an image from my own files. I really like the team images in the Classic Teams! Is it possible to have them in the New Teams as well?

Thanks!

Community Center | Ikke overvåket

Låst spørsmål. Dette spørsmålet ble overført fra Microsofts kundestøttefelleskap. Du kan stemme på om det er nyttig, men du kan ikke legge til kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

3 svar

Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2024-05-24T05:02:43+00:00

    Thanks for the update! You are welcome. Unfortunately, right-clicking and copying the team avatar within Classic Teams doesn't directly download the image. To download the avatars from the classic Microsoft Teams app, you can take a screenshot of the avatar image and save it as a file on your computer.

    Note: The pre-made team avatar images are not currently available in the new Microsoft Teams app. You can only upload your own custom image as the team picture in the new Teams version.

    Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

    Best Regards, Umar Majeed

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    1 person syntes dette svaret var nyttig.
    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  2. Anonym
    2024-05-23T11:28:22+00:00

    Hi Johanna, My name is Umar and I'd be happy to help you out with your question.

    Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

    You're right! The New Teams app experience in Teams for Education offers a slightly different approach for team pictures. While the classic Teams app provides a variety of pre-made team avatars, the New Teams focuses on uploading custom images.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft currently doesn't offer the classic set of colorful team avatars directly within the new Teams app. However, there are workarounds as mentioned earlier where you can utilize the classic avatars in the new Teams:

    Downloading them from Classic Teams and uploading in the new Teams.

    Another option is to leverage the Teams web client. Navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/log-in and sign in to your account. Access the desired team and click on the three dots (...) next to the team name. Select "Manage team" and then go to the "Settings" tab. Here, you'll see the option to "Choose from existing avatars" alongside the "Upload picture" button. This allows you to pick from the pre-set images available in Classic Teams. (if available).

    For specific instructions on the items listed above, kindly check the link below. https://support.microsoft.com/office/39ac9fa6-654a-4128-b647-f4bfc19e65c5

    I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

    Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

    Best Regards, Umar Majeed

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    1 person syntes dette svaret var nyttig.
    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  3. Anonym
    2024-05-23T12:18:26+00:00

    Thank you for your suggestions!

    I have one question to follow up: How can I download the avatars from Classic Teams? When I try to right click on an image I get a popup that says Copy Ctrl + C, but when I try to copy and paste the image to a Word document nothing happens.

    Thanks,

    Johanna

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer