Show spesific columns

Anonym
2024-03-06T10:59:38+00:00

Hi,

Is there a way to pick what columns to be shown under Files in Teams as a default

I would like more columns to be shown as a default.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for bedrifter | Files | Annet

Låst spørsmål. Dette spørsmålet ble overført fra Microsofts kundestøttefelleskap. Du kan stemme på om det er nyttig, men du kan ikke legge til kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

3 svar

Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2024-03-06T13:10:45+00:00

    Hi Trond,

    Thank you for reaching out to this forum. I'm Utkarsh and as a fellow Microsoft user, I'm here and ready to help you today. I am a user like you, this is a user forum and not Microsoft directly.

    Do not worry, I will help you sort this issue, rest assured that I will do my best to assist you.

    You're absolutely right. Unfortunately, Microsoft Teams currently doesn't offer a way to set default columns in the 'Files' section. While the "Show/hide column" function allows customization, it doesn't persist across Teams and channels, as you mentioned.

    You're on the right track with considering SharePoint as a solution. Since Teams files reside in SharePoint libraries, managing the view in SharePoint can ensure consistency across Teams. Here's what you can do:

    Access the SharePoint library: Navigate to the desired SharePoint library associated with your Teams channel. You can usually find the link in the channel details or through the "Open in SharePoint" option in Teams. Modify the view: In the SharePoint library, click on "View options" and choose "Create view." Customize columns: Select the columns you want to show by default and arrange them as desired. You can also rename the view for easy identification. Set as default view (optional): If you want this view to be the default for everyone, click on "Set as default view" when saving your custom view. This approach ensures that whenever you access the files in Teams (or directly through SharePoint), the chosen columns will be displayed by default, saving you time and effort in customizing the view every time.

    If managing file views directly in SharePoint is not feasible, you can also consider providing feedback or requesting this feature in Teams. Use the "Feedback" option within the Teams application to share your suggestion. This way, you can contribute to potential future updates that might address this need.

    I hope this information helps! If I can be of help with anything else, please let me know. I will be glad to answer any other questions that you might have.

    Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

    Warm Regards, Utkarsh

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  2. Anonym
    2024-03-06T12:56:21+00:00

    Hi Utkarsh,

    Thanks for your answer.

    I know about the "show/hide column" function. I am looking for a way to make Teams show the columns I choose as a default in every Team and channel. Teams don't remember my selection when I use "Show/hide column" and I have to do that every time I open the app.

    I guess SharePoint is the solution if no one knows any other ways to do this in Teams.

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer
  3. Anonym
    2024-03-06T11:52:07+00:00

    Hi Trond,

    Thank you for reaching out to this forum. I'm Utkarsh and as a fellow Microsoft user, I'm here and ready to help you today. I am a user like you, this is a user forum and not Microsoft directly.

    Do not worry, I will help you sort this issue, rest assured that I will do my best to assist you.

    Unfortunately, Microsoft Teams currently doesn't offer a way to pick specific columns to show by default in the Files section. While you can't add new columns, you can customize the view to show the existing ones that are most relevant to your needs. Here's what you can do:

    1. Show additional existing columns:

    -Open the Files tab in the desired Team channel. -Click the three dots (...) next to the "View" option in the top right corner. -Select "Show/hide columns." -In the "Edit view columns" pane, check the boxes next to the columns you want to show and uncheck the boxes for those you want to hide. -Click "Apply" to save your changes.

    This will customize the view for you and show the chosen columns by default within that specific channel's Files section. However, this setting won't transfer to other channels or Teams.

    1. Use filters and sorting:

    While not the same as showing specific columns, you can use the filters and sorting options available in the Files section. This can help you focus on files with specific information you need.

    -Click on the column header you want to filter by. -Select the filter criteria from the dropdown menu. -You can also click the sort icon (up or down arrow) next to any column header to sort the files by that column.

    1. Consider alternative solutions:

    If you need more control over your file organization and column visibility, you might consider using a separate SharePoint library instead of the Files section in Teams. SharePoint offers more customization options for views and columns. You can link the SharePoint library to your Teams channel for easy access and collaboration.

    Microsoft continuously improves and updates its products, so it's possible that the ability to choose specific columns in the Teams Files section might become available in the future. You can stay updated on any changes through official Microsoft channels like the Microsoft 365 roadmap or the Microsoft Teams UserVoice forum.

    I hope this information helps! If I can be of help with anything else, please let me know. I will be glad to answer any other questions that you might have.

    Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

    Warm Regards, Utkarsh

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer