I am glad they are proactive to address this issue for you. Either they didn't wipe it clean, or there is other deployment in that device locally. This is definitely a new issue a lot of company ITs are facing. Autopilot became popular during the pandemic, as ITs don't have to set up new computers for remote workers. Instead, they can ship brand new computers directly to remote workers and these computers will be set up via autopilot to comply company configuration/policy. Now two/three years into this, as some of the earlier computers retired, we are facing this new issue most us ITs didn't realize - to wipe these comptuers out of system before retiring the devices. So it is a new lesson for most ITs. They are entitled to support as Azure customer in case they run into any dead end. Azure support can be reached at https://portal.azure.com, sign in as organization admin, and support option is at the very bottom on the left menu.
That username looks lie it belongs to another organisation
I cannot log in with my private MSFT account
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Kontoer, profiler og pålogging
Låst spørsmål. Dette spørsmålet ble overført fra Microsofts kundestøttefelleskap. Du kan stemme på om det er nyttig, men du kan ikke legge til kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørsmålet.
8 tilleggssvar
Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
-
Anonym
2023-09-01T22:14:35+00:00 Many thanks Emily - I will try a round of Media Creation Tool as you suggested, but somehow I am concerned that the Azure / Autopilot has dug deep into registry and wont be solved with a clean instal..
It was not a "refurbished" unit - I bought it directly from the company who I can see the "mini-logo" of on the log in page, so I assume they must have someone capable of cutting the strings
Again, thanks for confirming what I feared - "nothing I can do" until they release it.Happy Friday!
Rolf -
EmilyS726 271.5K Omdømmepoeng Uavhengig rådgiver2023-09-01T21:57:14+00:00 Ah, that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you for this additional information, which is exremely helpful.
So your device must be enrolled in the previous owner's organization's Azure Active Directory.You can try to do a clean install to see if it works. If not, it means they have deployed Autopilot on the computer, which is very likely in your case as I've seen many of these on refurbished computers. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do. You need to contact the seller so they can have the previous business remove your device ID off their Azure AD. Then you are free to set it up with your own account. Otherwise it will only recognize work account that's in that business' domain.
Here is the clean install instruction in case you want to give it a try:
To perform a clean installation of Windows 11 using the Windows Media Creation Tool:
The following steps should be done on a working Windows computer:
Download the Windows Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's official website. https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/win... click on the "download now" button under "Create Windows 11 Installation Media"
Run the tool and select "Create installation media for another PC."
Choose "USB flash drive" as the media to use for the installation and select "Next."
Connect a USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space to your computer.
Select the USB flash drive you want to use, and then select "Next."
The tool will then download the required files and create the installation media.
=====================================================
Now these steps will be done on your problematic computer:
Go to the computer's BIOS boot menu to have it boot from the USB drive.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 11, making sure to choose "Custom install" and select the option to delete all existing partitions.
Once the installation is complete, you'll have a clean installation of Windows 11 on your computer.
-
Anonym
2023-09-01T21:53:22+00:00 Hi, sorry I was a bit brief. I picked up a 2nd hand 10 months old surface pro 9 today. Seller said it was wiped clean, and it looked that way. After a couple of initial screens / updates / language opts etc I tried to log in with my MSFT pvt acct and was told it needs to be a school or work acct.. then I tried to log to the device with my work acct but got:
"That username looks like it belongs to another organisation. Try signing in again or start again with a different account"
So I followed some hardkey recommendations and got to the recovery page to wipe it again/clean all as for recycling and tried both cloud and local reinstall, and I am still stuck on that same log in page where I can see the logo of the company who sold it to me, and I get nowhere.
The heading on the login page says:
"Let's set things up for your work or school"
Yes I am aware it is a Surface 9 for Business, installed OS was W11Pro.
Do you have any idea ) -
EmilyS726 271.5K Omdømmepoeng Uavhengig rådgiver2023-09-01T20:49:16+00:00 Hello, this is Emily.
Can you provide a bit more information if you don't mind? What you described here is lacking some context. What is it that you are trying to sign into? Is it your Windows 11 log in? Or a certain app?? Or a certain website?
Please provide as much information as you can. Thanks!