How do you find the correct remote desktop address?

Anonym
2023-10-15T10:56:12+00:00

I am shocked to see that we are still in the stone ages regarding remote desktop and that after google searches for 1 hour I have not found any articles telling me how to connect to my pc at home through the internet with remote desktop.

All articles talk about the same bullshit that of course doesn't work. Look up your pc name. Yeah right. In my case thats my first name. Obviously thats not going to find my pc from a remote location.

Second is find your IP address. Tried that too, but of course its probably not the correct way.

Why doesn't microsoft give you a QR code so that you can do this easily? RD has been around for 20 years now or more. It should be two clicks for any idiot and then connected. I am shocked to see how bad the user experience is.

This is what I want to do: connect to my windows 11 desktop from my latest iphone running RD app. I have done all the possible settings in my windows pc. All thats missing is this address that I need to enter into the app on my phone.

Where do I find my host name, pc name or ip to use in the app?

I am not a company with networks and it guy. just a regular home computer and regular internet.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Innstillinger

Låst spørsmål. Dette spørsmålet ble overført fra Microsofts kundestøttefelleskap. Du kan stemme på om det er nyttig, men du kan ikke legge til kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørsmålet.

0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer

1 svar

Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
  1. Anonym
    2023-10-15T20:42:51+00:00

    since all isp is behind a router system evryone is behind multiple routers that uses 1 internett adress somthing like that. and port are closed so you cannot connect outside your isp something like that. you need a port that are open and adress directly to internett like static ip then you can do everything on internet like hositng domain webserver whatever. like comunicating with master servers hosting games including egypt can communicate from ip that cant connect to themself making email server ftp all you wanted. and all in world can connect to your pc or you can try to sett up a no ip adress or something simmiliar dynamic dns. static ip cost 1 dollar month on altibox alternative 2 use anywiever and its free for 3 devices unlimited use an dyou can decide what device to use and set up own password to use to connect and have an account alternative 3 use hamachi set up private lan network over internett and connect to your virtual lan remote desktop

    Var dette svaret nyttig?

    0 kommentarer Ingen kommentarer