Okay I see, in that case the safer way I would recommend you to do is to visit your desktop manufacturer's website, search for your model, download and install the network adapter driver.
Wireless adapter network driver issue
I have a problem with my wireless network adapter driver. I have one installed already, but my wifi ping is really unstable and useless for working and playing games. I am sure the wifi itself is not the issue, as if this problem appeared right after I deleted and reinstalled windows. However, I can not remember which driver I had before, so how do I fix this?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internett og tilkobling
Låst spørsmål. Dette spørsmålet ble overført fra Microsofts kundestøttefelleskap. Du kan stemme på om det er nyttig, men du kan ikke legge til kommentarer eller svar eller følge spørsmålet.
3 svar
Sorter etter: Mest nyttig
-
Anonym
2021-03-02T14:29:23+00:00 -
Anonym
2021-03-01T21:51:44+00:00 Hey Darren, thanks for answering! Unfortunately, I have already tried all of your methods and none of them worked. I will try to explain to you more specifically:
About a week ago I got two brand new SSD's for my desktop. I installed new and clean windows on it, which means that I did not transfer any kind of data from my previous harddrive. As the windows installation runs, I am asked if I want to connect my Microsoft account to link it immediately to this brand new windows, but since my network adapter does not have any driver, the desktop is unable to connect to wifi. However, I moved my desktop to the living room, where an ethernet cable is available. As I install all the drivers I need, the desktop can not identify what driver for my network adapter is needed. I know that the network adapter is from ASUS, but I can't find the right driver as I have no chance of remembering which model I have. So I try to search for possible solutions and I find something called "Driver Booster" which is supposed to find and install all the drivers needed for my computer. And after I do so, I can see in the device manager that a "Broadcom network adapter" is installed, and I have wifi available. I thought that everything would be fine by now, but the wifi is so unstable. I don't necessarily lose connection, but I only get super high ping when I enter any kind of video games (it is unplayable), and when I chat with my friends. So I am certain I got the wrong driver for my network adapter, and I don't know which one to install or where I can find it. I have searched for everything on the internet and youtube and so on, but no results.
I can provide the details for my network status, most of it will be in Norwegian, but I hope you understand the most. I can translate if it is necessary:
Name: Wi-Fi
Beskrivelse: Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter
Fysisk adresse (MAC): 1c:87:2c:b6:ac:81
Status: Operativ
Maksimal overføringsenhet: 1500
Koblingshastighet (mottak/sending): 216/351 (Mbps)
DHCP aktivert: Ja
DHCP-servere: 192.168.0.1
DHCP-leieavtale inngått: mandag 1. mars 2021 22:38:45
DHCP-leieavtale utløper: tirsdag 2. mars 2021 00:38:45
IPv4-adresse: 192.168.0.181/24
IPv6-adresse: fe80::61c4:9c31:f819:d8fe%3/64
Standard gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS-servere: 192.168.0.1
Nettverksnavn: jarso28
Nettverkskategori: Offentlig
Tilkobling (IPv4/IPv6): Koblet til Internett / Koblet til ukjent nettverk
-
Anonym
2021-03-01T20:14:08+00:00 Hi Khangtheman,
My name is Darren; an Independent Consultant, I'm here to help you with your problem.
Firstly, please try running the troubleshooter:
Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Select troubleshoot tab > under "get up and running", click on internet connections > click on run the troubleshooter and follow on-screen directions.
Next, you can try updating the network adapter driver:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your network adapter driver and select update driver > Click on "Search automatically for updated driver software" to ensure that you have the latest driver.
If this issue started occurring after a recent windows update, you can try roll back driver:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your network adapter driver > select properties > select driver tab > click roll back driver
If roll back driver isn’t available or did not work, you can try uninstall your network adapter driver and scan for hardware changes:
Go to Start > Type "Device Manager" and hit enter > right click on your network adapter driver > select properties > select driver tab > click on uninstall device > select "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK > In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes > Wait for it to scan and reinstall the driver then restart your pc and check if the issue still persists.
Also, go to Start > Type "Windows Update Settings" hit enter > Click on "Check for updates" to ensure you have installed the latest windows update.
Restart your computer and check if the problem still persists.
However, if the issue still persists, try run the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833...
I hope this helps. If this is not exactly what you need, please explain more so that I can help you better.
Thanks