Android에서 브라우저 충돌 또는 성능 문제 해결
Hi everyone,
I'm using Microsoft Edge on my mobile device, and I keep running into a very frustrating issue.
Whenever I'm browsing, I constantly get this popup message at the top of my screen:
"To save memory, Microsoft Edge removed some content." (with a "Show" button next to it).
Once this message appears, the browser completely stops loading videos or images on the page, or they just disappear and turn into broken image icons. It's incredibly annoying because it constantly interrupts what I'm watching or reading, and having to tap "Show" every single time is driving me crazy.
Is there any way to completely disable or turn off this feature in the Edge mobile settings? Or is there any workaround to stop this popup from blocking my media?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Android에서 브라우저 충돌 또는 성능 문제 해결
Please note that this is Korean Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Korean. However, I will still provide an answer on English based on your initial response.
Hi DDAT,
I understand how frustrating it is to have images or videos disappear while you are browsing, especially when you have to select Show repeatedly just to continue viewing the page.
At the moment, I could not find a documented setting in Edge for Android that specifically disables the “To save memory, Microsoft Edge removed some content” message. It appears when Edge is trying to reduce memory usage, but the media disappearing or failing to reload may indicate a performance or compatibility issue.
Could you please let me know:
In the meantime, please update Edge from the Google Play Store, close any unused tabs and background apps, restart the device, and clear only Edge’s cached images and files. Please note that clearing cookies may sign you out of websites.
If the issue continues, please open Edge, select… > Send feedback, and include the affected website address, the screenshot, and diagnostic information. This will allow the Edge team to investigate the behavior directly. Microsoft also recommends updating Edge and sending feedback when performance-related issues continue on mobile.
Thank you so much for your understanding.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.