Azure free trial sign-in failed with AADSTS5000225, but USD 100 was charged after adding credit card

Jaemyoung Yu 0 평판 포인트
2026-04-29T12:58:16.5666667+00:00

Hello,

I created an Azure free trial account and was asked to enter my credit card information during the sign-up process, so I entered my card details.

After that, I received an email saying:

“Welcome to your Azure free account”

However, when I tried to sign in to Azure, I received the following error:

Sign-in failed Error code: interaction_required Error message: interaction_required: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle

Trace ID: e0057144-07d4-4093-b800-582fe39e0100

Correlation ID: 019dd946-128c-7917-96c2-b0fa72a30e64

Timestamp: 2026-04-29 12:45:42Z

Also, USD 100 was charged to the credit card I registered during the Azure free trial sign-up process.

I have a few questions:

  1. Why is my newly created Azure free trial tenant blocked due to inactivity?
  2. What is the USD 100 charge for?
  3. Is this charge only a temporary authorization hold, or is it an actual payment?
  4. Since I cannot access the Azure portal due to the tenant error, how can I check the billing details?
  5. If this charge was not intended, how can I request cancellation or a refund?

Please help me reactivate the tenant or explain how I can resolve this billing issue.

Thank you.

Azure 기능
Azure 기능

이벤트 기반의 서버리스 컴퓨팅 플랫폼을 제공하는 Azure 서비스입니다.

댓글 0개 설명 없음

답변 1개

정렬 기준: 최신순
  1. Thanmayi Godithi 11,905 평판 포인트 Microsoft 외부 직원 중재자
    2026-04-29T14:32:52.1033333+00:00

    안녕하세요 Jaemyoung Yu ,

    엔지니어링 팀에 연락하여 백엔드에서 고객님의 테넌트를 재활성화하고 차단을 해제하였습니다. 이제 Azure Portal에 문제없이 접속하실 수 있을 것입니다. 로그인을 시도해 보신 후, 혹시라도 문제가 발생한다면 알려주시기 바랍니다.

    이 정보가 도움이 되었기를 바랍니다. 추가적인 질문이 있으시면 언제든지 편하게 문의해 주세요.

    답변이 도움이 되었다면 "Accept Answer(답변 채택)"를 클릭하시고, 추천(Upvote)도 부탁드립니다. 이 답변과 관련하여 추가 질문이 있으시다면 "Comment(댓글)"를 클릭해 주세요. 감사합니다.

    이 대답이 도움이 되었나요?


답변

질문 작성자는 답변을 '승인됨'으로 표시하고, 중재자는 답변을 '추천됨'으로 표시할 수 있습니다. 이를 통해 사용자는 해당 답변이 작성자의 문제를 해결했다는 것을 알 수 있습니다.