Issues with Log Retrieval and Generated Responses in Application Insights

54459062 0 評価のポイント
2026-08-27T06:41:57.5966667+00:00

Hello from Japan.

I apologize if my English is unclear, as I am translating this from Japanese.

I am a junior developer building a Copilot Studio solution in Japan.

 

A customer has requested that both user questions and generated answers be stored as logs. While trying to implement this requirement, I ran into a chain of related issues.

 

  1. ConversationTranscript table

 

I found the generated conversation data stored as JSON in the ConversationTranscript table. However, the most important part of the content is masked as  text: REDACTED, so I cannot retrieve the actual generated answer

  1. Accessing generated answers when using Knowledge Sources

I am using Knowledge Sources (SharePoint knowledge copied into Dataverse). Since the answer is generated by the Copilot Studio agent, I cannot save the generated answer to a variable, nor can I access it through Power Automate.

 3. Using Topics and Generative Responses as an alternative

To work around the issues above, I tried using Topics with Generative Responses instead of Knowledge Sources.

The response is generated correctly at first, but partway through the process, the following message appears: 

"I couldn't find any information that would help answer this question."

The conversation then falls back to the fallback topic.

 This behavior occurs in both the Test Chat and Microsoft 365 Chat 

 Environment

•Knowledge Source: SharePoint Knowledge (copied into Dataverse)

•Model: Claude Sonnet 4.6

My ultimate goal is one of the following:

•Continue using Knowledge Sources while being able to log the final answer generated by Copilot Studio.

•Or use Topics and Generative Responses while maintaining answer quality comparable to Knowledge Sources and being able to log the generated answer. 

Has anyone experienced similar issues or found a supported approach to achieve this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

 

コミュニティ センター | 監視されない

お客様の回答

質問作成者は回答に "承認済み"、モデレーターは "推奨" とマークできます。これにより、ユーザーは作成者の問題が回答によって解決したことを把握できます。