Hello,
I'm writing regarding a data loss issue on my personal OneDrive account: ******@hotmail.com
A file/folder deletion was accidentally performed on this account, which synced automatically to a linked PC as well. The deleted items were also removed from the OneDrive Recycle Bin (both the local sync client and the online recycle bin), so I can no longer see or restore them through the normal recycle bin interface.
Details:
Approximate today August 31, 2026/time of deletion: 11:45 AM until 13:00PM
Folder(s)/files affected: Desktop/all inside subfolders, also included all folders that has an default user account
The account does not currently have (or I'm unsure if it has) an active Microsoft 365 subscription, but I was trying to re-subscribe but the "Restore your OneDrive" feature may not be available to me.
Could you please check on your end whether these files can still be recovered from backend storage before permanent purge? I understand there may be a limited window after deletion during which recovery is still possible, and I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.
Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Best regards,
Prof. Asoc. Dr. Gentjan Shaqiri
Professor at Faculty of Economy, University of Tirana