SEV-A: Critical Data Loss – VM & Disks Deleted Today – Immediate Backend Recovery Request

Silvia Sasso 20 Punti di reputazione
2026-06-11T20:07:59.1433333+00:00

Hello,

I need urgent help cause I accidentally deleted VM and data disk as well. Unfortunately I found out we had no backup/snapshot in place. As the data disk was deleted about 8 hours ago, is there a procedure I can follow to recover/undelete it having the original resource ID retrieved by the Activity Log?

Thanks for your help

Silvia

SQL Server in Macchine virtuali di Azure

Risposta accettata dall'autore della domanda
Anonimo
2026-06-11T21:14:36.5333333+00:00

Hello Silvia,

Upon investigation, we confirmed that the deleted managed disk was still within the soft-delete retention window and remained eligible for recovery.

As the retention window was limited, the request was prioritized and engaged with the Managed Disk Recovery Engineering Team for immediate review and restoration.

The engineering team has successfully restored the managed disk with the original name "PFDev3DataDisk".

Please allow 15–30 minutes for the disk to appear in the Azure portal. Once available, kindly verify from your end and confirm whether the restored disk is visible and accessible.

La risposta è stata utile?

1 persona ha trovato utile questa risposta.

0 risposte aggiuntive

Ordina per: Più utili

Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.