OneNote downloaded from Microsoft Store opens with the old OneNote layout

Daniel Licciardello 20 Punti di reputazione
2025-09-02T16:21:18.21+00:00

I have the new OneNote version installed from Microsoft Store (new OneNote that recently replaced the old 2016 version), but it still opens with the old 2016 layout. I tried to completely uninstall all Office programs (including removal of the old registry keys and app data), and after I reinstalled OneNote from the Microsoft Store is was finally using the new layout. However, after I reinstalled the Word/PowerPoint/Excel bundle (I'm using Office 2019 Home Edition) and logged in, then OneNote started to use the old layout again.

In the OneNote license tab I noticed it is using the Office 2019 Home license and I think that this license information is causing the issue: in fact, if I try to select "continue for free" and relaunch the program, it temporarily opens with the new layout; however, if I relaunch it again, it opens as 2016 again.

In 2019 OneNote wasn't free, and it was included in the 2019 Home license, but now the new version is free and there's no need to associate the 2019 license to it. So I would like to continue using the 2019 license for Word, Excel and PowerPoint, while keeping the free version of OneNote.

Basing on my tests, it seems it is not possible, as the license information is shared by all Office products, and you cannot specify different licences for OneNote and for the Word/Excel/PowerPoint bundle (from my understanding, it's basically a registry key that is common for all Office products).

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you

Microsoft 365 e Office | OneNote | Per la casa | Windows
0 commenti Nessun commento

Risposta accettata dall'autore della domanda
Aymeric-B 29,715 Punti di reputazione Consulente indipendente
2025-09-02T17:04:52.2066667+00:00

Ciao!

Hai ragione: la versione di OneNote dipende dalla licenza di Office installata. La versione di Microsoft Store viene eseguita nel suo layout moderno solo se non è collegata a una licenza perpetua di Office 2019. Una volta reinstallato Office 2019, la licenza forza nuovamente l'interfaccia utente precedente.
Sfortunatamente, se hai una licenza di Office 2019 installata sul tuo PC, non c'è modo di aggirare questo problema.

Puoi utilizzare il pulsante "Continua gratuitamente", ma è solo una soluzione temporanea. L'unica soluzione permanente è passare alle versioni moderne di Office (365 o 2024), che supportano pienamente il nuovo layout e l'interfaccia utente più recente.

Fatemi sapere se avete altre domande!

La risposta è stata utile?

0 commenti Nessun commento

0 risposte aggiuntive

Ordina per: Più utili

Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.