Una famiglia di sistemi di gestione per database relazionali di Microsoft progettati per semplificare l'uso.
Dear @LorenzoPifferi-2348,
Thank you so much for contacting Microsoft Q&A Forum.
Based on your description, I understand that the issue you are facing which is being blocked from SMS-based login due to a "bad reputation", is related to Microsoft's PhoneReputation service, which is part of Azure Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Microsoft uses an internal service called PhoneReputation to assess the trustworthiness of phone numbers used for MFA. If a number is flagged as having a "bad reputation," it gets blocked from receiving SMS verification codes. Here are a few suggestions that may help resolve the issue:
1.Normally, if you still have access to your previous phone, try opening the Authenticator app there. You may be able to retrieve a verification code or approve the sign-in request. So this will be a solution if you still have old phone, but you cannot use it due to broken screen, please take it as an experience.
2.Use an alternative verification method: select “I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now.” This may allow you to verify your identity via email because SMS was failed, assuming those backup methods were previously set up.
3.If the above method doesn’t work, you should reset your MFA. Also, I don't know your account is personal account or business (work or school) account. Therefore, I suggest for both types:
If you use personal account:
- Using Microsoft recovery form: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form - Microsoft Support
- Reach out to phone number via: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support
- Use another Microsoft personal account to raise the ticket via: Contact - Microsoft Support
If you use business account:
may I know if you know any other Global Administrators in your organization?
- If yes, please ask them to follow this article to proceed to reset your 2FA so that you could re-register again: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn
- If no, then you are the only Global Administrator and you are completely locked out from the tenant. You might need to contact us via phone service number: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support. The agent will be able to create a ticket for you under the affected tenant and then transfer this ticket to Data Protection team who could help you to regain access.
Please note that this team is always overwhelmed, so you might need to wait for them to call you, this should take 3-10 working days. I know that this is not a convenient solution to hear but it seems to be the only way, and it's recommended that you should have a secondary/backup Global Administrator to fix this issue on your own.
I hope for your understanding and patience in this matter as I really want to help you. However, this issue is beyond of my control because I'm limited in my forum moderator role and cannot access the internal databases to help you directly. So, please kindly contact Microsoft Support team for the most efficient help.
Wish you a pleasant day!
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.