Recover copilot app chats stored locally on iphone

Giacomo AMetrohm 0 Punti di reputazione
2026-07-18T13:00:05+00:00

I have Copilot App (the normal one, not 365) on an iPhone 13 and I used to access it with no login. About a month ago I accessed it normally but the UI maybe had some updates and, instead of prompting me to the starting chat interface (with laterally the chronology), I was asked to login.

I searched solutions to roundabout it and at least recover my old chats to be imported in an account, but I was not able to do that. I opened an account but the chats are not present here (of course, but I had to give it a try). So my question is: how can I recover those chats that, being created on a local “not account”, are stored just locally? Where iPhone stores them? How can I import them into the logged in account? I “simply” want to have them again, with or without account, I don’t care. Thank you very much

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | App
0 commenti Nessun commento

1 risposta

Ordina per: Più utili
  1. Emma1-N 13,410 Punti di reputazione Personale Esterno Microsoft Moderatore
    2026-07-30T04:30:46.6266667+00:00

    Please note that this is Italian Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Italian. However, I will still provide an answer on English based on your initial response.  If you want me to post in Italian, please let me know.


    Welcome Giacomo AMetrohm,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum.  

    Based on the information you provided, the chats created while using Copilot without signing in were not associated with a Microsoft account. Microsoft documentation only describes conversation history being available when you are signed in to Copilot with an account.   

    Reference link: Conversation history in Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft Support 

    Unfortunately, there is no documented method to import anonymous/local Copilot chats into a newly created Microsoft account. If the app update, reinstallation, sign-in transition, or iOS data cleanup removed those locally stored chats, there may be no supported way to recover them.  

    To help determine whether the data might still exist locally, could you please clarify: 

    • Are you still using the same iPhone on which the chats were originally created? 
    • Was the Copilot app ever uninstalled and reinstalled? 
    • Do you have an iPhone backup (iCloud or Finder/iTunes) from before the chats disappeared? 

    If the chats were only stored locally, recovery would depend on whether the app data remained on the device or exists in a prior backup. There is currently no official Microsoft tool or documented process to extract anonymous Copilot chats and import them into a Microsoft account.  

    Looking for your update.

    La risposta è stata utile?


Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.