onedrive problem

Emanuele neg 0 Punti di reputazione
2026-07-12T12:20:04.4066667+00:00

Hello,

I need assistance from an experienced Microsoft technician to review my OneDrive configuration on my Mac.

I am experiencing the following issues:

  • It appears that there are multiple OneDrive folders on my Mac, including the folder in CloudStorage and another one located in Library/Group Containers.
  • The folder information shows that OneDrive is using the following path: ~/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.OneDriveStandaloneSuite/OneDrive-Personale.noindex
  • I have Files On-Demand enabled because I want my files to remain online whenever possible and use the least amount of local disk space.
  • Whenever I try to change certain synchronization or storage settings, the changes do not persist, or I receive the error message “Failed to apply.”
  • I would like to understand which folders are actually being used by OneDrive, whether there are duplicate or leftover folders from previous installations, and how to safely clean them up without risking any data loss.

I would specifically like assistance from a technician who can guide me step by step, preferably through a remote screen-sharing session if necessary. I do not want to risk deleting important data or damaging my OneDrive configuration.

Thank you very much for your assistance.


Moved from: Microsoft 365 e Office | OneDrive | for business | iOS

Microsoft 365 e Office | OneDrive | Per la casa | MacOS
0 commenti Nessun commento

1 risposta

Ordina per: Più utili
  1. Kai-H 27,725 Punti di reputazione Personale Esterno Microsoft Moderatore
    2026-07-14T12:50:14.4066667+00:00

    (Please note that this is Italian Q&A Forum, any threads should be posted in Italian. However, I will still provide an answer in English based on your initial response.)  

    Hi, Emanuele neg

    The CloudStorage folder is the OneDrive location shown in Finder. The .noindex folder inside Group Containers is working data used by OneDrive and macOS, not necessarily a second sync folder. Do not manually delete either folder, even if they appear duplicated.

    Here are some suggestions you can try:

    Sign in to OneDrive on the web and confirm that your important files are fully uploaded.

    Select the OneDrive cloud icon > Preferences > Account > Unlink This Mac.

    Restart the Mac, open OneDrive, sign in again, and select Use this folder when prompted. Unlinking and relinking does not delete cloud data, and OneDrive should recreate the connection using online-only placeholders.

    Keep Files On-Demand enabled. In Finder, right-select files or folders and choose Free Up Space to make them online-only.

    If “Failed to apply” continues, contact Microsoft Support and request guided OneDrive for Mac troubleshooting or screen sharing.

    Avoid running the reset command or removing Group Containers until support has verified that everything is safely stored online, as a reset can remove unsynced local content.

    Please be advised that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, are not allowed to directly interfere with Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited solely to providing technical guidance on reported incidents, requests, or ideas.   

    Thank you for your patience in reading, I hope this information has been helpful to you. 


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment."    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    La risposta è stata utile?

    0 commenti Nessun commento

Risposta

Le risposte possono essere contrassegnate come "Accettata" dall'autore della domanda e "Consigliata" dai moderatori, in modo da consentire agli utenti di sapere che la risposta ha risolto il problema dell'autore.